Time To Fly The Coop: College Edition

Time To Fly The Coop: College Edition

There comes a time when you're ready to take on the next stage of your life.

160
Time To Fly The Coop: College Edition
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/27/636577805516346629-1172000713_6365726224109232181398008224_IMG_0716.jpg

Being in college is no easy task. The constant pressure to do well, study all the time and have some type of social life is consistently draining. I, for one, do feel the pressures immensely. And coming from someone who does not enjoy school at all, it can be hard to handle.

I'm only a sophomore in college, yet I'm ready to leave. I'm ready to see what else the world has to offer and explore new possibilities. Maybe this readiness comes from seeing all of my older friends loving their lives as working professionals. For once, I want to feel free. Free from the anxiety that college brings, the "did I finish that assignment?", and the never ending exams. Frankly, I can't wait for the day that I graduate. My hope is that when I graduate, I'll finally be able to become the person I've always wanted to be. I found that girl last summer and lost her when I came back to college.

Many of us have heard that college is where you find out who you are, but what if that's not the case? Perhaps, in the past, college had been the place where one found out who they were. In this day and age however, I think many of us don't find out who we are until after college—when we're out on our own, paying our bills, making all of our own decisions without the influence of parents. College is meant to be a place of discovery, but not for all the answers.

Don't get me wrong, college has brought me a lot of wonderful aspects into my life that I never had before: great friends, parties, clubs that I enjoy and finally feeling my age. I've loved college for the most part. With that being said, I am still ready to move on. There's a whole world out there with music, food, art and culture. Feeling stuck is a feeling that I despise and try to avoid at all costs. And at this stage in my college career, I do feel stuck.

With that being said, I know the value of my education. I know how important college is in the whole grand scheme of things. It's essential in getting the job that I want so that I am able to provide for myself without the help of anyone. So even though I feel stuck, it is only temporary. But when you feel ready for something more, it's hard to stay where you are.

College is one of the best and worst times of your life. But it's not the only thing that will determine who you are. After you graduate, there will still be so much to experience and explore. You'll learn even more about yourself than you already do. You'll finally feel free.