We Don't Have Time To Do Everything, And That's A Good Thing

Life is all about priorities--we prioritize what is important to us and that becomes our center of existence.
60

We're often told that we can't have it all--that it's impossible to do everything we want to do. While I do believe this to a point — that we can't do everything we want to do — I do believe that we can always do what is important to us and what we value.

For me, I value my various editing, writing and leadership roles that I have held throughout college as well as the time I get to ride my horse. While these things sometimes always make it harder for me to balance my extracurriculars versus my social life, I have found ways to truly have it all by meeting friends through these outlets who share my same passions.

Life is all about priorities — we prioritize what is important to us and that becomes our center of existence. Maybe at the end of the day, it's a good thing we can't do it all so we can dedicate our time to what makes us feel alive — what really drives us to keep bettering ourselves.

I know if I would have spent more time on clubs I didn't really care about--it would have taken away from the time I could have spent as an Editor-in-Chief, and the time I spend as an EIC is some of my most well-spent and satisfying time.

I have a hard time not just doing everything and being involved in everything, but when I do that, I find that the things that really matter to me no longer make me happy because everything turns into a routine over an added joy in life.

Don't let your joys become chores.

We can do everything we love, but we can't do everything and still do the things we love wholeheartedly — making them just more things to do instead of things that make us feel alive.

See, there's a difference between a full life and a busy life. A busy life is one full of a lot of things, but they aren't necessarily your favorite things — they're just things you do.

Whereas a full life is one where, yes, you may be busy, but you're doing what you love instead of just filling the time with meaningless or less important tasks.

Yeah, we don't have time to do everything, but that's a good thing.