Proud to Be Throwing What I Know Everywhere I Go

I Love Being in My Sorority

5
Tessa Farthing

Greek life is not for everyone. The dynamic of Greek life can also vary greatly from school to school. If it is something that you choose to be a part of, however, you may understand why I love it so much. Joining a sorority is something that I had planned on even before deciding where I wanted to go to college. I always knew it would be a great way to meet a lot of great girls, get involved with philanthropy events, make connections for jobs and schoolwork, and make friendships that last a lifetime. Going through the process of finding the right house is pretty exhausting, and it is sometimes very difficult to trust the system; however, you ultimately end up in an organization that will always have your back and make you feel right at home.

I definitely found all of the things I was originally looking for in a sorority and more when I found mine. That is why I am always shamelessly throwing what I know everywhere I go. When you become a part of Greek life you should feel proud of what you are a part of and what you are representing. All Greek organizations are seeking to make a difference in the world in some way with their different philanthropy events. Whatever organization your chapter works with, you feel completely committed to it and very passionate about it. It can be very rewarding to be a part of something bigger than yourself.

I have sisters that will always be there for me. The friendships that you can make in your sorority or fraternity are those that can last a lifetime. I am so grateful for the wonderful women that I have been able to meet because of joining my sorority. It is so lovely to walk through campus or into a classroom and see a sister light up when she sees you. If you’re going through a rough time, you need support for a project you’re working on, or just someone to have a good time with, you can always count on your brothers or sisters being there for you. Not to mention, your family has a bond too. Your Big and Grand-Big help you through the whole process of joining Greek life, and you get spoiled as a Little. Then, when it’s your turn to be a Big you make your Little feel just as special and welcomed as you felt.

There are so many fun events that you can get involved in as a part of Greek life. Of course, there are socials, date parties, and formals that are always a blast. However, there are also fun charity events, sisterhood/brotherhood bonding events, and even just casual sleepover nights with some of your besties.

Through Greek life, there are also a lot of opportunities to make connections for help with schoolwork and eventually getting a job. It is very nice to have a support system of sisters and alumni that can help you out. Not to mention, if you hold some kind of leadership position in your chapter it can be great experience to add to a resume.

So, this is why it is so common to see sorority girls throwing up their letters. I am so proud to be doing so myself, because I know that I am representing a group of confident, powerful women that are looking to make a difference in this world. If you are attending a college where you have Greek life and are able to take advantage of the opportunity, I would highly recommend looking into it. There are a lot of different Greek organizations out there, and you might find the perfect one to call home just like I did.