I Saw Three Movies In Three Days

I Saw Three Movies In Three Days

And these are my thoughts.

63
I Saw Three Movies In Three Days
History of Comedy

It's not a shock that going to movies are one of my favorite things to do of all time, so when I went home for the weekend, I needed to see as many as I could. My hometown has a great theatre with reclining chairs, ample food, and decent prices. I saw three movies this past weekend and they were "It", "mother!" (yes it's supposed to be lowercase for artistic value), and "American Assassin". One was good, one was more on the average side, and one I didn't get whatsoever.

"It"

I was so excited for this movie that I made the rest of my family wait to see it until I came home. It was not as scary as I thought it was going to be. Maybe that's because I've seen the first one and I knew what was going to happen but it didn't have that major scare factor. The actors were very good. Talented child actors are sometimes hard to come by but the casting director did a great job at picking these ones. I heard that many of them even improvised some of their lines to add their own comedic taste to the film. The film was shot very well and the special effects were also great.

Remakes are hard to do because of so many people liking originals better but this definitely competes with the first one. I think they're going to make a sequel which would be really cool to see since that's never been done before. Overall, I would say this movie is worth your time and I'm already waiting on the sequel to happen even though it will more than likely to come out in 2-3 years.

"Mother!"

Okay, so I did not understand this movie whatsoever. I love Jennifer Lawrence and she has never put out a bad movie but this entire movie went right over my head. After seeing it, I went home and googled what the heck the meaning of the movie was because it was entirely confusing. The main point is that there is a poet and his wife who lives in this huge secluded house in the woods where crazed fans keep showing up and the poet invites them all in and crazy stuff starts happening. It's weird and choppy from a viewer's perspective. Maybe I'm just not as intellectual as I thought I was, considering that I wasted 2 hours of my life watching this film that I'm still confused by 4 days later. Once I read an article on what the director was going for, I understood some of it but unless you would have read something describing what was going on, it would go right over your head. It had a much deeper meaning than I thought it was going to have. Unless you want to think about the movie rather than simply go to enjoy a film, I would say skip this one.

"American Assassin"

This one was probably my favorite out of the three. My mom was hesitant to see this one because so many action movies are somewhat based around the same plot. I think this is quite different than other films in the genre. A lot of the "assassin" type movies revolve around a terrorist attack and then saving the world from utter destruction. This one kind of followed suit, but I would say it was a lot different. The way they came about the assassin was distinct as well as the bad guys. It's hard to keep up with these same movies about brutal fighting but this one was done very well. Dylan O'Brien is not usually in movies so it was a nice change of pace to have a newish to movies person as the main character. I would definitely see this movie again. The way the film was shot was very nice as well as the surrounding characters that supported the main character. I really liked the various sceneries the film was shot in. They were all very pretty and helped with the main storyline the screenwriter was trying to portray. If you like action movies, this is a good one for you.