Three Easy Snacks That Are Perfect For Dinner Parties

Perfect For Dinner Parties

19

No one needs the stress of preparing complicated party snacks, so we’ve put together a list of simple ones that are sure to wow your guests.

Get The Party Started

Is there ever really a bad time for a delicious snack? Of course not! But snacks or appetizers at a gathering or dinner party are an absolute must. Everyone has been there: the stress of trying to put together sophisticated, complicated appetizers that appear effortless while still looking flawless, being the perfect host, and remaining sane all night long. There are two ways to take one of those things out of the equation: first, you could buy a charcuterie board in Los Angeles or wherever you are, or second you could check out our list of simple yet delicious snacks and make those! If you’re someone who likes to have a firm hand in their own party prep, we recommend the second option. You don't need to put in hours and hours of work to serve mouthwatering, aesthetically pleasing snacks at your next dinner party: just check out our list, follow the recipes, and you’ll be saying “Bon appetite” before you know it!

Salsa and Chips

You can never, ever go wrong with a simple classic like salsa and chips! Leave the store-bought stuff on the shelf and wow your guests with something fresh and zesty. Our roasted pico de gallo salsa will blow your mind, and it's so easy to make. The keys to this recipe are the fresh, plump cherry tomatoes, the searing serrano chilies, and fresh garlic roasted together and then blighted into a heavenly dip. You don't want to blitz them too much: you’re not making soup here! Go for a medium chunky texture.Ingredients:

-2 lb. tomatoes, cored, cut in half crosswise

-1 medium white onion, sliced into ¼"-thick rounds

-3 serrano chiles

-3 garlic cloves, unpeeled

-Kosher salt

-2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice

-2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro

-Tortilla chips (for serving)

Method

2- Peel the garlic and place in your food processor along with half the roasted tomatoes. Pulse until extra smooth. Add the rest of the tomatoes and blend until tomatoes are mostly broken up, but the mixture still has some nice texture. Transfer to a serving bowl. Finely chop onion and chiles and purée; season with salt. Let the mixture cool. Stir in your lime juice and cilantro. Season with more salt if needed. Serve with chips of choice.

Image by Nicole Michalou via Pexels

Ham and Cheese Feiuilette

This Martha Stewart recipe can be serviced as a delicious snack or cut into larger portions and served as a main; all you need to add is a salad! We love a versatile snack. Nothing is more comforting or tasty than golden, flaky pastry that crumbles at a touch. This dish can be assembled beforehand and chilled overnight to make party prep even easier.

Ingredients:

-2x 14–17-oz. packages puff pastry, defrosted

-All-purpose flour (for surface)

-¼ cup Dijon mustard, plus more for serving

-8oz. cooked ham, thinly sliced

-4oz. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced

-1 large egg

-1 tsp. heavy cream

Method:

1- Roll out a pack of pastry on a floured surface to a 16x12" rectangle. Transfer to a lined rimmed baking sheet and chill while you roll out the other sheet of pastry. Transfer to another lined baking sheet and chill both sheets of pastry for 15 minutes.

2- Transfer parchment with pastry to a clean surface. Spread ¼ cup mustard evenly over 1 sheet of pastry, leaving a ½" border. Layer ham, then cheese over mustard. Fold border of pastry up over edge of filling. Brush edges with water. Arrange remaining pastry on top, then trim edges with kitchen shears or a sharp knife, so top layer fits over bottom perfectly. Crimp edges with a fork. Using lining, slide pastry back onto baking sheet. Chill, uncovered, at least 30 minutes.

3- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly beat egg and cream. Brush mixture evenly over pastry. Cut thin slits in a decorative pattern into top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake until golden, rotating pan halfway through; about 30–35 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into 1½" squares. Serve warm with mustard or sauce of choice.

Image by Oya Kobruseva via Pexels

Figs with Bacon and Chile

Did someone say “one-bite appetizer”? Figs are the perfect food, but when you add bacon and chili, they become better than perfect…is that even possible? This salty, sweet, sticky snack is lovely to look at and even better to eat.

Ingredients:

• 5 ounces slab bacon, sliced ½ inch thick, then sliced crosswise into ½-inch pieces
  • 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 8 ripe fresh figs, halved lengthwise
  • 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, finely chopped

Method:

1- Fry bacon over medium-low heat, stirring often, until brown and crisp, 8–10 minutes.

2- Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet; save for another use. Add maple syrup to skillet, swirling to combine, and heat over medium-high heat. Add figs in a single layer, cut side down. Cook, swirling liquid occasionally, until figs are slightly softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes.

3- Arrange figs cut side up on a platter and press pieces of bacon onto the surface of each fig.

4- Set the skillet over medium heat, add vinegar, and stir into juices. Simmer and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly. Drizzle syrup over figs, then sprinkle them with red pepper.

Wrap Up

With a little simple planning and preparation, your party treats will be delectable and your guests will still be talking about them years from now!