On Saturday, July 21st, something that I did not know would come true actually came true. I went to State Theatre on Playhouse Square to see the hit Broadway musical "Hamilton." The musical was the one that made me love Broadway and the aspect of the theatre. Of course, going to the musical came with so many thoughts going through my head. So with that being said, this is what I thought.
1. I'm actually seeing "Hamilton" today... it's actually happening.
2. Yes, Maddie, you are actually seeing "Hamilton" today.
3. Ugh, stop wanting to pinch yourself yes it is real we're heading downtown to Playhouse!
4. OK but first, Broadway Buzz.
5. Well, Broadway Buzz was interesting. TIME FOR THE SHOW!
6. Oh my god, that's the actual set I can't believe it!
7. Five minutes until the show starts!
8. *First note of 'Alexander Hamilton' plays* *grabs my mom's arm and tears fall down*
9. This is actually real... oh my god!!
10. OK, end of act one counter.
Goosebump counter: lost count. Crying counter: three.
11. "AND WHEN MY TIME IS UP, HAVE I DONE ENOUGH, WILL THEY TELL MY STORY!?!"
I'm sobbing at this point.
12. Wait, it's over?
I want to go back...