Thoughts To Myself For A Year Of Happiness In 2018

"The new year’s resolutions I want to leave you with is simply accepting your self-worth and remembering who you are."

77
Everypixel

The common line we all say when reflecting on 365 days is, “it was not my year.” I know that 2017 was not your year, I know you struggled. Remember, you are never alone, it probably was not ANYONE's year. Wishing for a clean slate on a particular day is easier said than done, but it is never impossible. The first steps toward change is breaking out of your shell and opening up to share your thoughts. I know, you are not one to ever share your thoughts, you have mastered this technique over the last few years called: “bottling things up.”

The constant battle that seems to always arise and interfere with all these spectacular, optimistic visions is our own self-discovery. Accepting that you are not your true-self is something many cannot fathom or realize. I know that you have felt as though these last few years you have been someone you are not. You have gone through a lot of extremely hard times, though everyone has. I will always continue to remind you that you’re never alone.

Think about it, the advice given during any time of hardship is to, “take a step out of the box,” that way you can miraculously realize a solution. The difference is, the feeling you think you have felt is temporary, simply an in the moment fix, allowing you to step right back into that box once the feeling is resolved. Ultimately during these times, you were lost.

The feeling I know you have felt and that I want you to continue to feel is stepping back, completely removing yourself, but NEVER even bringing a toe close to stepping back inside. It is a scary feeling, to be honest, and it is certainly an eye-opener.

But for you, that day was a blessing, it felt as though you were in a long dream and you simply “snapped” out of it. You found yourself, and you couldn’t believe how long it took to finally feel “you” again. You know how this process feels, but some are confused and others do not have any idea of where to start. Go out there, be a helping hand, and inspire others to live their life with their own rules.

The new year’s resolutions I want to leave you with is simply accepting your self-worth and remembering who you are. You are bubbly, smiley, cheerful, saying anything funny with no filter, care-free, adventurous, nothing but full of life and togetherness. Those traits were all clouded by other’s perceptions, expectations, status, and constant drama. Never allow that to happen again. Look what you have accomplished now, you were able to start right where you left off by doing things in life that once were important to you, that quickly seemed to fade over the last few years.

Remember the sun does not shine brightly every day, clouds and rain will not always be stated in the forecast. When all your hardships and negative thoughts seem to all cross paths at the same exact moment, never lose sight of the person you truly are. Again, it is easier said than done but remind yourself of your journey and your destinations.

Most importantly remember this, what 2017 has taught you is that if someone wants to be loyal, dedicated, or honest to you, they are going to do it. If someone makes you feel as though you are nothing, willingly goes against you, or upsets you than it is clear that they do not deserve you.

Cutting ties that were meant to be cut and saying what’s really on your mind for the last few months has been nothing but the most amazing, indescribable feeling. People are going to come and go throughout your life for a reason, and the ones that will remain will continue to prove that they would do anything for your happiness and would never try to hurt you. If someone does not like YOU for who YOU are, then they too do not deserve you.

Honestly, think about how many times you’ve felt like you were not yourself, experienced hardships amongst your peers, dwelled over irrelevant things, or regret taking a chance you should have taken. Let it all go, and be YOU. Make this your day one. If you want to do something in your life, what is stopping you? Never let what other people think about you, or what society expects from you to influence your life and your choices.

If you share something that you enjoy, there is no need for anyone to judge you. If you want to explore a certain place anywhere in the world, go do it! If you double post on Instagram, whatever, you enjoyed your day! Who cares anymore, because this is your life and it is only what you make of it. Take opportunities, take chances, and seize every single day!

Now the only thing that’s missing that I have not expressed is how proud I am of you. I couldn’t be happier how far you have come, how different you are and the driven attitude you have developed. You are so strong. Each year that goes by tends to not be anyone’s year, but please do me one favor, and never stop chasing your dreams.

You are young, happy, free, and you deserve nothing but to find happiness, do things that make you feel positive, continue to find your true self and to surround yourself with love. Not every year will be filled with sunshine’s and rainbows, but what is going to make 2018 stand out for you? Have you really been living your life the way you want to live it? If there’s anything you double take about, change it, now is the time. I know you can do it.