Thoughts I Had While Moving Into My Dorm

37 Thoughts I Had While Moving Into My Freshman Dorm

Let's just say my mind was all over the place.

172
Kate Kossoy

I have never gone through as many emotions in a short span of time as I did moving into my dorm as a freshman. The process was both overwhelming and exciting; it was scary, but also the start of a new beginning. My brain barely formed a coherent sentence the entire day, and energy came in random spurts that usually ended in someone crying. But it was for sure a day that I will never forget and different than any other move in day I will have in the future.

1. OMG it's finally move in!

2. There are a LOT of people here.

3. I definitely brought way too much stuff with me.

4. How am I going to get this up four flights of stairs?

5. There is no chance all of this will fit in that tiny dorm.

6. I'm about to meet my roommate, I'm terrified.

7. She is so nice, maybe this won't be that bad.

8. Oh no, Mom is spontaneously crying again.

9. And Dad won't stop telling me where I should put things.

10. They are driving me insane and I've barely started to move in yet.

11. Woo! Bed is made; mission accomplished.

12. Yep, definitely brought wayyyy too much clothing.

13. Thank God my Mom volunteered to put all my shirts on hangers; that would have been so much work. 

14. Dad is occupied with setting up the Keurig which means I can organize my toiletries in peace.

15. Two hours later and it is finally starting to look like a room instead of a prison cell.

16. I can't believe this is where I'm living for the next year.

17. Oh my God how am I going to live alone?  I've never been away from home for more than two weeks.

18. What if I get sick? Who is going to take care of me since my Mom won't be here?

19. Okay, relax, you're an adult, you can do this.

20. Time to put up pictures; that will make me feel more at home.

21. Just passed the three hour mark and I am just about finished; I can't wait to take a break.

22. And Mom has started to cry again.

23. I'm sooo hungry.

24. Eww, I have to eat dining hall food from now on.

25. This is my last meal with my parents; that's weird.

26. And now I think Dad is about to start crying.  Great.

27. Oh no, I might start crying.

28. Nope.  False alarm; I'm fine.  Everything is fine.

29. Once we get back to my dorm, my parents are leaving.

30. OMG my parents are leaving.  They're going home without me.

31. I miss my dog already.

32. And my sister; I miss her a lot too

33. Okay, time to say goodbye.  You can do this without crying.

34. Mom is sobbing and hugging me like her life depends on it.  

35. Don't cry.  Don't cry.  Don't cry.

36. Everything is going to be great.

37. OMG I'm actually a college student now.