5 Problems All Girls With Thick Hair Will Understand

The Endless Amount Of Broken Hair Elastics.

17

1) The Endless Amount of Broken Hair Elastics

And how it kind of hurts when they snap on your hand.

2) You Can't Wear Your Hair up for too Long

The migraine from that is intense.

3) Finger Combing Your Hair Takes a Bit

And by a bit, I mean like 10 minutes.

4) And Using a Regular Comb is Almost Impossible

5) Running out of Conditioner

Literally a week after you bought it.

Cover Image Credit:

https://app.emaze.com/@ATFFQQQI#1

Volunteering Overseas Is Rewarding And I Want To Do It

There are so many organizations that allow you to travel the world and volunteer. This has always been a dream of mine, and I want to share why it should be for everyone else too.

126

Before I am too old to help, I want to volunteer in Africa.

There are so many places in Africa that need help. It could be that they need help with healthcare, education, and environmental or wildlife conservation. The number one destination I want to volunteer at is in Madagascar. There are many more places to go in Africa like Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, and others. And if I could go to each place, I would. But I will just be happy if I am able to visit one.

I'm sure when most people think of Madagascar they think of the family-friendly movie, but what they don't know is that it isn't all fun and games like the cartoon portrays. The poverty-stricken country is not just a tourist destination. It is a place that needs a lot of improvement. Although I haven't gone yet, by the time I'm 30 I want to have volunteered in Madagascar.

The literacy rate is not as high as it should be, and the people of Madagascar are suffering. Even though it is higher than in some countries, it still isn't a large percentage. In order to help them, they need more teachers or people to help them learn. Another spreading problem is disease and healthcare. There are not enough resources or people to help with the health problems around Madagascar. I think this is a great opportunity, for you are benefiting people who need it most.

Not only are there problems with education and healthcare throughout the country, but there are also major issues revolving around their wildlife and environment. Madagascar is home to some of the most exotic animals in the world. With hundreds of different plant and animal species, people would assume there can't be any problems. Yet, this is one of their major issues. Deforestation, hunting, fires, and erosion are just some of the leading issues. With some help, people can help rebuild their habitats and save everything.

Obviously, it can be hard to cover all of these problems, but by volunteering, a little act can go a long way. This is our world. We all are on the same side. If you put yourself in their shoes, you would know how it feels. Looking into this, you will see you have so much to appreciate. Volunteering in a place like Madagascar has always been a goal of mine. One day, when I am able to do it, I know I will be gracious for the opportunity. I have a feeling, they have a lot to teach us too.