35 Thoughts Had During "Grey's Anatomy" Season 13 Premiere

What does Shonda Rhimes have in store for us this time? Other than ruining my emotional stability?

18
parentherald.com

We've been waiting for this premiere for what feels like centuries and it finally came! "Grey's Anatomy" is back and Shonda Rhimes is ready to shock us yet again.

From Meredith Grey jumping into oceans, surgeons getting into plane crashes and the heartbreaking end of Derek Shepherd's career, who would've thought we'd get to the point of Andrew Deluca fighting for his life while Alex Karev faces possible jail time of what could be 15-20 years. During the episode, all sorts of thoughts ran through everyone's minds:

1. This is it. THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! Here we go. It's starting. Everyone be quiet. Our night is about to be ruined.

2. Come on Maggie, Riggs is trying to dance with Meredith! Give them some space.

3. How has nobody put together that Maggie's dad is Webber?

4. I really don't know if I like Riggs or not.

5. Wow, I missed Webber the most.

6. Wait, is Deluca going to live?

7. Can we all just take a moment to remember - JO IS MARRIED.

8. Let's be honest, someone's getting kicked off the show.

9. I can't cope with the fact that this show is fictional. In my head, all of these characters are real and working at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital.

10. Webber's words of wisdom are back and better than ever. He is SUCH a dad.

11. HARRIET?! REALLY?

12. You go, April Kepner! Show Catherine Avery who's the boss.

13. Alright, serious question, where are Meredith's kids?

14. If Ben tells Bailey, he'll be husband of the year, but if he doesn't, he'll have to get used to sleeping on the couch with the way Bailey runs the show.

15. Meredith and Alex's friendship will always be my favorite.

16. EDWARDS! I forgot about her.

17. If you think about it, we could blame Edwards for all of this. I mean, she is the one who left Jo at the bar with Deluca.

18. Is this what really happens behind the scenes at hospitals?

19. I could definitely perform this surgery. I should be a surgeon.

20. Here we go, Meredith is going to tell Bailey.

21. SHE DID IT! SHE TOLD BAILEY!

22. Alex is confronting the police. Oh no. He's turning himself in. Don't do it! Or do it. I really don't know which is best.

23. "If you can't afford an attorney..." I think we all know Alex can afford an attorney. Let's be real, he's a surgeon.

24. Actually, if you think about it, they all live in worn down apartment buildings, but they're definitely all rich. So, I'm confused.

25. WHAT'S HAPPENING?

26. OH MAN!

27. NO WAY!

*internal screaming*

*Alex walking down the stairs hand-cuffed catching Jo's eyes*

*external screaming*

*now more of a screeching with some tears*

28. Riggs is actually pretty smooth. Point for Riggs.

29. Wait, where's Callie, Arizona and Sofia? What happened with that?

30. Meredith is visiting Alex in prison. I knew they were my favorite #friendshipgoals.

31. I miss Derek, Mark and Lexie. Their absence still isn't OK with me.

32. Seriously, where are Meredith's kids all of the time?

33. This show is why I'm emotionally unstable.

34. How am I supposed to go on with my life now?

35. Is it next Thursday yet?

Well, we made it. We made it through the first episode of season 13 and we're ready for the next one. It's time to spend Thursday nights with our eyes glued to the screen instead of studying and being productive like we should be doing.

Grey's is without a doubt a priority, obviously. So on that note, I'll leave you with the theme song: "Nobody knows where they might end up...nobody knows" - except Shonda Rhimes. Shonda knows and tortures us all with it.