10 Things Every College Kid Thinks While Taking Their Finals

Often I find myself thinking of just about everything else besides my final exam while actually taking my final exam. Endless thoughts are constantly going through my end. I also find myself turning into a math wizard as I would rather spend the time to calculate all my grade possibilities than to actually focus on my exam. You're not alone, and I can promise the kid next to you is probably doing the exact same right now.

1. Dropping out of college

Maybe it will just be easier if I just not go. There are plenty of opportunities out there that I could maybe just possibly find. College is expensive anyways. Maybe I can just go without...

2. Calculating your grade before you even finish

When you realize you really only need 74 points out of 110 to actually pass the class, but if you get 84.75 points you will get up to the next GPA benchmark. Also, if there is a miracle, I could just maybe still get a 3.0 if I get 95 out of 110 points. I'm pretty sure this one takes more effort than the actual exam, but I find myself doing it at least 3x per every final I take.

3. Changing your major

I mean maybe this just isn't met for me? Maybe this ONE tricky final is the reason I should change my entire college path. But then you start thinking, "Well what other majors are there that I didn't just waste 2.5 years of classes on?"

4. Calculating the bare minimum you need to pass the class

I mean in reality, I only need a 39% on this final to pass the class.... that can't be too hard to achieve, right? That's only 19.5 out of 50 questions I need to get right.

5. What do I tell my mom if I fail?

My mom is gonna kill me if I fail. She won't ever give me money again. I'm going to be homeless. I think I just lie. That's probably the safest option.

6. Do I even tell people I failed?

I mean how would they know? Would they find out? Probably not. It's only a small lie. It's fine. I'm fine.

7. Calculating the exact number of questions you need right to pass

If I get 20/50 questions right then I'm for sure passing. Next thing you know you find yourself only confident in 17 of your answers, and now you are trying to calculate which ones you took your best educated guess on. I mean I think I hopefully, maybe, got those right. Hopefully....

8. Changing your name, moving states away, and never looking back 

Maybe I just join the witness protection program for the pure sake of, "How am I ever going to face my family and friends again when I can't even pass XXX 101?!" Fleeing the country might just be my only option.

9. Changing your career

You now, I never was that crazy about it anyways. I probably should just take this as a sign....

10. Omfg, wait, I actually know the answer to this one

AH, this one is my favorite. That one, if your lucky maybe two, moments on the exam that you actually, truly, 100%, without a doubt, know the answer to one question. Good thing there are only 99 more questions to go...

We have all been there, and we have all thought that. Finals week tends to bring out the best of us. Almost all of us are left contemplating our grade, our major, our post-college career path... However, just know you are not alone. No one ever said college was easy, so take a deep breath, a remember: you only need to technically get 15/25 of these questions right and you won't have to doubt if you've passed, but if you don't I mean is there really any harm in taking the class again and does your mom really need to know?