Thoughts Every College Student Has When Entering Finals

Your stress levels are somewhere between Princess Mia driving the Stang and 2007 Britney Spears, it's fine.

28
refinery29

It's nearing the end of April, the end of classes, and the end of your sanity. You know what that means... it's finals time. There is only a week of classes left, and your professors are cramming seven papers, three quizzes, and a lab report into those last days they still have you in the classroom. Instead of showing you mercy in light of your future exams, they decide to throw assignments around like confetti and cover you from head to toe in piles of work. Then of course you, knowing full well of these looming assignments, decide to take a Saturday off with your friends because you're motivation is dwindling with each passing day. You're in the same mindset as every other college student, and you have the same problems every college student has when entering finals.

You claim you're just fine.

Let's be honest though, this is pure denial. Don't try to sugarcoat it.

You consider dropping out on the daily.

Honestly, I bet strippers and Uber drivers make a pretty decent pay.

You also consider alternate options to finals.

If you have never walked into the street and contemplated getting hit by a car because #finals, you're lying.

You wonder if learning through osmosis is a thing.

No I'm not sleeping, I'm learning.

You consider the library your new home.

Naps can happen anywhere, anytime.

Also see above about the library.

Your emotions get a little more extreme.

Your stress levels are somewhere between Princess Mia driving the Stang...

...and 2007 Britney Spears.

You learn to make sacrifices.

There are only 24 hours in a day, it's all about choices.

You begin to wonder what happened to those extra credit opportunities.

And when you finally get to finals day and your professor wishes you good luck...

...like some sort of cruel joke.

Yeah, we have all been there, and in about a week we will all be there once again. We will question our choices, the purpose of college, and our life goals very seriously. In the end though, we will make it through this last home stretch. We may have bags under our eyes and coffee stains on our two week old sweatshirt, but life will get better. There is a light at the end of this finals tunnel, so good luck to all of you crying through #finals.