Your Thoughts Become Your Things, So Choose The Good Ones

What we focus on, we create more of in our lives.
254

Every weekday morning, I receive an email to my inbox from an account that I subscribed to many years ago. The email is personalized and designed with my name, goals and dreams and is a gentle reminder each day to choose my thoughts and focus on the good stuff in life.

At the end of each email, there is a new piece of advice to take with me throughout my day and below that, there is one series of words that remains the same on every message that I open. The line says “thoughts become things, choose the good ones.”

It’s been almost 7 years since I received my first note in my inbox so as you can imagine, a lot of life has happened over those years. In the process of living that life while strapped into the roller coaster we call “growing up,” I’ve found more and more truth behind that closing line about thoughts becoming things.

Here’s the thing, when we get frustrated enough after dealing with the same recurring issue, we eventually reach a pivotal point where we feel like your tank is empty.

This is the exact moment when we can use that empty tank to help us instead of hurt us.

See, the tank isn’t empty when you reach this point. Sure, our emotions feel drained but our frustration is at an all-time high and though the tank may see empty, it’s now full of air.

If you paid any attention to the news this past fall, you would have seen that air, in the form of hurricane winds, can make big things move, bend and break.

The same applies to you and me. This empty tank, when we reach this point, is now full of air. This is where we pivot and use that air, stomp on the tank and the rush of air gives us the mojo we need to change whatever it is that has us so frustrated.

Nobody can make that change for you but from what I’ve found, you have to hit bottom in order to catapult yourself back to the top.

Basically, we function like those high strikers or strongman games at fairs and carnivals. This is the one where you take a mallet/sledgehammer and have to strike the bottom of the structure so that a puck will fly up the track and hit the top of the structure where a bell is.

The harder you hit, the faster you get the puck back up to the top. And the harder you stomp on that tank full of air, the faster you’ll get yourself back up because you’re rearing and ready and for lack of a better word, desperate.

Eventually, I found my change after hitting that pivotal moment. I thought I had figured out a magic life-hack to the Universe and as it turns out, that’s exactly what I had found.

I found the Law of Attraction on my way back up to hit the bell.

The Law of Attraction states that the thoughts, words, feelings and actions that we give out have certain energies that attract like energies. This energy can be negative or positive but essentially, what we place our attention on is what we will manifest in our lives.

Everything in this world vibrates, moves and travels in unique vibrational frequency patterns. The Law of Vibration tells us this. This principle applies not only to our physical world but also to our feelings and thoughts. It also applies to the Law of Attraction.

While all of this may or may not sound a little bizarre, there are times when that tank is empty and you feel willing to adopt anything that is available to you so that you can break your frustrating cycle. This is what I found so I can only imagine what anyone reading this has found too.

Maybe we even found the same concept in those lowly times.

The concept that like attracts like, thoughts become things and what we focus on we create more of in our lives.