50 Thoughts You Have After Watching A Scary Movie

Why do I feel like I'm being watched?

282
https://unsplash.com/photos/smuS_jUZa9I

Scary movies are all fun and games until they're over and you're left with your thoughts.

1. Sheesh! That was scary.

2. Wait, why am I still clutching my blanket and squinting my eyes?

3. Hold on … was that a sound coming from downstairs?

4. No, this has got to be my imagination; I definitely locked the door.

5. Did I actually lock the door, though? I could've sworn I did but I could be wrong.

6. Time to investigate.

7. Of course all the lights in the house have to be off so I feel like I’m in a … horror movie.

8. On the count of three I’m going to make a run for it until I reach the living room, switching on every single light switch in my path. One ... two ... three!

9. Okay I made it! Is the living room always this cold?

10. So it turns out I DID, in fact, lock all the doors.

11. WOAH, what was that? I could’ve sworn I just saw something in the corner of my eye.

12. I guess I’m getting tired so I should just run back upstairs again. One, two, three!

13. I made it! Shoot, I forgot to get a cup of water.

14. I REALLY don’t want to go back downstairs again especially since I’d have to turn all the lights back on again.

15. I’ve literally never been more thirsty so let me just put on my big girl panties and get my booty back downstairs. One, two, three!

16. I never realized how many shadows there were down here in the kitchen.

17. But what if they’re not shadows? What if they’re…

18. Okay, I could’ve sworn that shadow just moved so it’s time to lock myself in my room. One, two … three!

19. Why is my candle off? Maybe it was close to finishing so it went out by itself. But I don’t remember this happening before.

20. It’s always scary to shower at night after watching a scary movie but I need to wash my hair, so here we go.

21. Jeez, the water’s so cold; I feel like the shower is taking forever to warm up while I just stand here naked, covered in goosebumps, and still creeped out in the bathroom.

22. I’m finally in the shower and it’s hitting me how poorly-lit it is. Whose idea was it to shower almost in the dark?

23. Barely being able to see in the shower is fine on a normal night, but not after I just watched a scary movie.

24. If someone broke into the house and heard the shower running, they would just take my things and leave, right? I mean that’s what would make the most sense (not that burglary is right or anything).

25. But they would leave the homeowner alone, right? Would they feel the need to disrupt the person their stealing from during a shower to … torment them?

26. Ok, I think I just heard a knock at the door. Was it a knock? Maybe it a light twisting or pulling on the doorknob.

27. It’s freaking me out whatever it is. Do I get out to check?

28. Wait, if someone DID get into the bathroom, wouldn’t it be safer to stay in the shower where I can (somewhat) hide?

29. It might cost me my head but I’m just going to peak really quickly to see if anyone’s in here.

30. It looks clear to me, but they could be hiding in the linen closet.

31. If they were to come in the shower, I should probably find something I could use to defend myself with, right?

32. This shampoo always burns when it gets in my eyes, so if they come at me I could just squirt it in their face.

33. I guess I could also always make the water scorching hot and step out of the way so I don’t burn, too.

34. Wait, I think I just heard something again, but I can’t even check if I’m safe because I’m mid-shampooing my hair.

35. What if they’re in the shower with me right now but I don’t know it because my eyes are closed?

36. Why do I feel like I’m being watched?

37. Is that a sound I heard coming from behind me? Should I turn around?

38. Ok, I really need to get out of the shower and go to bed before I drive myself even more crazy.

39. The coast looks clear so I’m safe to hop out of the shower.

40. Why does my bedroom look even darker than it was before?

41. Since when did it start thundering? Why does it have to storm on a night like this?

42. I should probably leave my night light on tonight.

43. I also think I’m going to lock my door. But what if they unlock it from the outside to get in while I sleep?

44. Should I pull an all-nighter to make sure nothing comes in my room?

45. I’m just going to crawl into bed and try to sleep.

46. What is that scratching at my windows? It’s probably just a branch, but what if it’s fingernails?

47. How am I supposed to sleep if I keep scanning the dark room for monsters?

48. I think I'll be safe under the covers.

49. Let me just get under the covers and …

50. … Woah! Was that a dream?