The Undeniable 17 Thoughts Of College Students Studying For Finals, According To Disney

Face it. We all need a little Disney magic to get through this finals season.

1202
Disney

Finals. The bane of a college student's existence. Months of projects, exams, and papers seem to end, and the dreaded final exam comes to take their place. We spend hours on preparation, with making study guides, reading textbooks, and reviewing terms on Quizlet. As we get ready for another round of final exams, here is the thought process of every college student as they study for finals season, as told by some of our favorite Disney characters.

1. UGH, ok. Let's head to the library.

Begrudgingly, you start the dreadful walk to the library on campus. You wave goodbye to the green grass, the lovely blue sky, and the sunshine and say hello to the stale smell of musty books and old coffee, as well as the artificial fluorescent lights that glaze the ceiling.

2. NO! SOMEONE IS IN MY SPOT!

You know what spot I'm talking about. That perfect space where you have spent the entire semester writing papers and working on projects. The effortless blend of silence and conversation creates the perfect environment to study, and if someone takes your spot, this study session is going to go downhill REAL fast.

3. YES! AN OPEN TABLE IN THE LIBRARY!

RUN FOR IT. You know someone is going to take that table. Sling that backpack over your shoulder, grab that cup of Starbucks and make a break for it. The productivity of your study session and your sanity depend on it.

4. Ok, let me get started on reviewing.

We get motivated to sit down and spend a few hours reviewing flashcards, going over lecture notes, and studying our textbook like it's the Holy Grail of information. This is the peak of our study session, as we feel ready and energized to study enough to get that desperately needed 'A' in the class.

5. Wait, do I have enough food??

Food is essential to a productive study session. Enough said. Whether you take a to-go box from the dining hall or load up on granola bars and coffee on dead days, make sure you have all the provisions necessary, because you are not going anywhere for a while. Grab an iced latte and a snack box from Starbucks and get started.

6. Ok, I'm reading and reading, and I understand nothing.

Did you actually even learn about this during the semester? As you begin to read about U.S. politics in the 19th century or types of psychological therapy, you start to question if you even showed up to class at all. Sure, you skipped most classes this past month, but you have to recall SOMETHING, ANYTHING. Rereading the same paragraph over and over doesn't seem to help, and you start to fall into the pit of despair.

7. Why did I even take this class?

You start to question why you ever registered for microbiology and calculus. Then you remember that your major requires that course for your degree plan, and then you start to doubt your choice of major and your entire future. It's OK. I'm fine. Everything is fine.

8. SCORE! A GIANT QUIZLET!

Finding a Quizlet that gives you all the terms and definitions for a topic is truly a blessing. Especially in your foreign language courses, using Quizlet can help you memorize words and concepts with fun games and practice tests. Quizlet, I love you. Thanks for being my study buddy.

9. Hold on, what is that concept?!?

As college students, we often begin to review for finals and we come across topics and ideas that we for sure have NO clue about. You read your textbook, and the words look foreign to you, as you are sure that you never learned about it, or you didn't remember going over it in the lecture. You begin to realize that as much as you study for the final, this word, equation, or historical date will escape you and that you will not remember it for the test day, let alone in five minutes.

10. How bad of a score can I get on the final to still get a decent grade in the class???

You look up that GPA calculator. You figure out what is the lowest possible score you can get on the final to get an A or B in the class. But judging by how the studying is going, you recalculate how bad your grade will be in the class after the dreaded exam.

11. DON'T CRY DON'T CRY DON'T CRY

The inevitable breakdown has arrived. We have all learned that letting out a few tears about our academics are bound to happen, and in the middle of your study session, a good sob can relieve some built up stress and tension that we have been placing on ourselves. Let it out, it's going to be OK.

12. I FINALLY UNDERSTAND SOMETHING!!

Hours and hours later, you FINALLY get something. Quizzing yourself with flashcards, reading lecture notecards and making a comprehensive review paid off, and you feel like you accomplished something incredible. Call yourself a genius, you are now a self-made expert in conjugating verbs in Spanish, analyzing Shakespearean plays, and understanding the composition of the brain.

13. Wait, WHAT time is it?!?

After spending what feels like a lifetime in the library, you look at the clock and see the time. You think to yourself that this better pay off during the final, because these precious hours you have used studying could have been spent watching Netflix, eating, or sleeping, the sacred trinity of the typical college student that we hold dear.

14. I need to leave the library for the sake of my sanity.

One semi-productive study session later, you feel the compelling need to get out of the library as soon as possible. If you stay a second longer, you feel like you are going to be stuck there forever, reviewing formulas and vocabulary until the end of time. Find the nearest exit and leave in an orderly fashion, like now.

15. Did I actually remember everything I reviewed??

Once you walk out the door of the library, everything you just learned seems to leave your mind as well. You feel like you just wasted hours reviewing material, only to leave as prepared to take the exam as when you started studying and had nothing memorized. How tragic.

16. Alright, I'm going to fail the final. Goodbye GPA.

You begin to think in the mindset that because you didn't study well enough for the final, you are going to fail and that life is basically over. You wave goodbye to the idea of getting a 4.0 and think maybe next semester you can work harder.

17. WAIT. I AM MORE THAN A GPA.

You are more than just a grade in a class. Yes, GPA is important, but when it comes to your future after college, your experiences and character are going to make a greater impact on what career you lead. Take pride in yourself, because you are taking steps to making your future more amazing every day by learning new concepts, meeting new people, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.

* * *

So, as you prepare for these next few weeks of finals, know that you have worked hard all semester. Countless papers, projects, and assignments have prepared you well. Go ace those finals, give it everything you got, and prepare for an amazing and relaxing summer!