"But baby I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake, I shake it off." #thriving
1. To the girl who tricked me into thinking there was something on her hand that smelled good, and then pushed me towards desks.
I have friends now, and we play pranks on each other, but no one ever gets hurt or is in danger.
2. To the girl who broke off our two-year friendship because she was overwhelmed by my disability.
I'm sorry I overwhelmed you. I found friends here at college that love me for who I am.
3. To the friends who made me race around the kickball field, to prove that I can participate in the game.
I have friends now that will let me participate in any activity and are willing to accommodate.
4. To the guys who mimicked me pulling out my lashes.
It was a coping mechanism from the bullying I endured from y'all. I don't do it anymore.
5. To the nursing home that wouldn't offer me the original volunteer position and just stuck me behind a desk to answer phones.
Thank you for teaching me the things I don't want to do in life. I helped move students into dorm rooms this semester. Yes, I carried boxes on my lap up to their rooms. #strong
6. To the friends who didn't (and still don't) invite me to parties.
I have been invited to more parties and hangouts with my friends than I have in the 19 years I spent with y'all.
7. To the friend who thought I cared "too much" about her and abandoned a friendship.
I'm not going to apologize for my personality as a caring person. You were going through stuff, and I wanted to be there for you.
8. To the people at my lunch table who thought that the girl who comes and talks to me at lunch on a weekly basis was annoying.
She isn't annoying. She is nicer and kinder and sweeter than anyone else I know. I'm proud to be going to her wedding in May.
9. To the teacher who thought my writing needed improvement and that I lacked creative ideas and original thoughts.
I'm writing for Odyssey, aren't I?
10. To anyone I ever considered my best friend and we don't talk anymore.
I'm sorry, but we are clearly not friends, much less best friends. I have found my two best friends, and we text everyday.