To Those Who Are Lost In Their 20s

To Those Who Are Lost In Their 20s

You are lost in a fallen world because this world is broken.

99

You are lost.

I say it with love and the best intentions. You are lost in a fallen world because this world is broken. You are probably mad at yourself because barely anything is going the way you planned and the world always seemed to be falling apart.

That is okay.

It is easy to think that, but that is not true.

You have the free will to do what you would like, but like the prodigal son, eventually, you will get lost and realize that you cannot go about this alone. But always know that you will stray away into a wilderness, but that does not determine your worth.

People will find healing your scars.

You have gone through the intense pain that comes with being in a fallen world. But take comfort in the fact that there will be people in your life who will find healing in your scars.

You would be surprised how many people are going through similar struggles as you have. It is why it helps to be vulnerable and let go of your past. It is a risk, but it is one that is worth it because it could save a life. After all, it was opening up to God that saved yours.

You do have a purpose.

You were created when you entered your mother's womb. You were knitted you piece by piece, every thread of who you are in there. There is a reason why you have been placed you in such a time as this.

You have a purpose.

That one thing you are good at, the talent that comes naturally to you is the core of how you want to impact this world. Though it seems like it is falling apart, there is hope in love, and the cross is the evidence of that.

You have to believe in yourself as I believe in you.

I believe in you because you are put here for a reason. You can do better. You are doing better though it does not feel like it. But you have to believe in yourself. You have to believe you can do it too.

That takes courage because it is easy to think all is lost when you cannot see any change.

But take joy in your humble beginnings. No journey begins perfectly. Even with God by your side, there will be times like now when you feel like you are going nowhere.

But as long as you keep pushing through that darkness and trust that God is making a way where there is no way, you are doing much better than you think. So keep going, because you will get there. In the meantime, enjoy life for the present is a gift.