This Week In Snowy London

This Week In Snowy London

No, Anna, I don't want to build a snowman.
221

Before anything, if you don't understand the reference above, we can't be friends.

That being said, I cannot explain how awkwardly annoyed I am of this. Every British person I know here was completely dumbfounded by the fact that snow was actually falling. On average, it snows maybe 15 days, the snow never accumulates, and if it does, it’s usually a fraction of an inch. For this reason, no matter the fact that the forecast said that a blizzard was going to hit London, they were all like “Yeah, but it’s probably not going to snow; it barely snows here!”

To all of you who said this, if you are reading this, you lied to me, you hurt me and got my hopes up for nothing. I kid you not, the amount of snow falling these past few days is certainly not fractions. All rooftops are white, somehow no one owns salt here because the sidewalk is so icy you can play hockey on them, and IT IS SO COLD!

These same people now look out the window and say “Wow, it’s really falling, isn’t it?” Yeah, thanks, Captain Obvious, it’s not like my feet went numb thirty minutes ago, my hair is frozen and my friend over there is turning blue due to the cold. (True statement, believe it or not.)

Don’t get me wrong, I know that there was snow not even a month ago back at Villanova, but, in part, one of the advantages of coming here was escaping the Philly winter, yet somehow it just came all the way over here to haunt me. It’s like the snow got mad that I escaped it in December when I went back home to Puerto Rico for break, so it decided to bite me in the behind.

All in all, this has all been a rant of the weather in London for this week; hope you have enjoyed my suffering. From all of this, please remember, I’d much rather build a sandcastle than a snowman.