This Is The Time To Commit The Same Mistakes Over and Over
Life Stages

Thing is, life never gets easier but you'll get more comfortable.

257
Unsplash.com

In a little under a month, I'll be turning 20. In nine months I'll be living in a new state.

In two-and-a-half years, I'll be done with undergraduate school. I'm supposed to have my life together, but it's never been messier than it is now. Time doesn't wait for you to catch up and before you know it you'll be engulfed by so many big events approaching. Time comes by fast and as uneasy as it may seem, it's such an exciting time too.

These years may be a little intimidating but somehow they'll also manage to be some of the most valuable years in our lives as well. These are our growing years, our learning years. You're supposed to mess up, embarrass yourself, and even commit the same mistakes more than once, but through it all you're just having fun and learning the ropes of life. It's okay to not know everything - I mean who does at this time?

I feel as if I barely know anything at all sometimes. Apparently, you're supposed to know that you have to defrost meat more than just 30 minutes before wanting to eat, realize that horoscopes won't always be the best source to make important decisions, and spending six dollars on a coffee per day will make you go broke. I'm still learning.

It's normal to not know what you want to do with your life two years before going out into the "real world". It's normal for graduate schools to determine where you'll end up the next few years after graduating, and leaving undergraduate school as a single person is okay.

Let yourself have a little too much fun, impulse buys are okay every once in a while, and if you change your mind for the hundredth time, do not worry about it!

Thing is, life will never get easier, but you'll get more comfortable. I say, commit all the mistakes while you can, because these are our years.