This Is Love: A Playlist To Satisfy The Romantic In You

This Is Love: A Playlist To Satisfy The Romantic In You

The season of love is officially upon us! What better way to celebrate than with a playlist with all the feels?

50
Skylar Blackman

February is here and, as you know, that means Valentine's Day is right around the corner. If I'm being honest though, I feel like Valentine's Day is spreading the wrong message lately. It's become another holiday about giving someone you love another shiny new object to "prove your love" to them, and I honestly don't like it for that reason. I feel like people have lost the concept of true, raw love, so my goal for this month is to remind everyone of what exactly that is. I enjoy spreading love as much as I can to everyone and I hope that by sharing the playlist I've created, I will inspire people to rediscover true love and maybe even act on it.

"Strangers In The Night" - Frank Sinatra

Love brings you together. It may draw you to someone without any explanation but just giving you such a strong connection. This song is the progression of meeting someone breathtaking to having a strong relationship with them that will last forever. We can feel the excitement of such an unexpected love through the changes in pitch in this song.

"All The Way" - Frank Sinatra

True love is the willingness to drop everything to help the one you care for and to always be with them even when times get hard. Whether the "lover" here is a friend, a family member, or an actual lover, finding someone who is always there for you is one of the most important things. We all need a guiding hand to lift us back up and make us feel unending happiness. This person will love you no matter what and will go through the whole journey of life with you.

"Lucky" - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat

Love can come from your best friend. They may either just be your friend or they may be more than that to you. Sometimes you just realize that they're your person and you want to spend every second with. Maybe the feelings might even be mutual. Whatever the situation is, Jason Mraz shows us how beautiful loving your best friend can be. They are the person that knows you the best after all.

"Smile" - Uncle Kracker

Love makes you lose your senses. Sometimes you're so blinded by the love you feel for someone even in the form of a crush that you don't know how to function properly. In some cases, you can't even breathe or form proper sentences... Isn't it great? My suggestion to you is to please just tell this person how you really feel. It could make you feel so much better and you might even be able to breathe as well.

"Crush" - David Archuleta

Love makes you wonder. This song is the perfect explanation of having your first crush. You wonder what it is and what made you feel this way. You also wonder if the other person feels the same way about you. Chances are they might, but how do you know?

"Put A Little Love On Me" - Niall Horan

Love keeps you thinking. You may have had to say goodbye to someone because your relationship didn't work for some reason. However, you still have such a strong love for them and can't stop thinking about them and the times you had together. You may even start to feel lonely and want it again so you can experience those good times all over again.

"Adore You" - Harry Styles

Love is admiring someone without force. It's perfectly ok to feel so strongly for someone if they potentially don't feel the same way. You can still admire someone for who they are without it having to be a relationship. In your own way, you can make that known to them as well. Make them feel special and be there for them, but don't overwhelm them.

"Never Be Alone" - Shawn Mendes

Love can test you. I've heard of so many couples being in a long-distance relationship or wanting to love someone, but not knowing if they'd be the best at it because of their lifestyle. Just like this song, you can be super busy and that's ok, but it's not impossible to find time for a relationship. Even if you're not around as much as you'd like to be, you can still remind them of the love you have.

"For Him." - Troye Sivan and Allday

Love shows you chemistry when it's unexpected. You could be two polar opposite people but still work well together. At the same time, you can have a lot of things in common but still have a lot of differences. As they say, our differences bring us together. Find that connection and just roll with it.

"Accidentally In Love" - Counting Crows

Love may catch you off guard. Sometimes we may have no intention of falling in love for one reason or another, but in some cases, it just can't be controlled. We put all these walls up all around us and refuse to let anything in, but sometimes the best thing for us to do is tear the walls down and just let life in. It may be just what you need.

"Golden" - Harry Styles 

Love can save you. When you find that person that means the world to you, it adds so many positive emotions to your life. They're like a ray of sunshine brightening up your day and you love all the brightness you can get. There's still that fear of rejection and hurting if you ever break up, but how can you know what will happen if you don't even try?

"Love Her Anyways" - Hearts & Colors

Love doesn't judge. We all have imperfections and a lot of people see them and instantly turn away from you. It may make you wish you could erase those imperfections and start over. What you don't realize though is that your imperfections help make you who you are. If someone really loves you, they love your flaws as well and help you embrace them.

"Strong" - One Direction

Love keeps you holding on. Sometimes you feel like you're not really yourself unless you're with a specific person. Without them by your side, you really don't know how to function. But how do you tell them this?

"Head Over Boots" - Jon Pardi

Love is a lot of fun. It makes you feel so cheerful that you just want to dance and spin around. It's not always perfect, but it does still have plenty of positives. It's a back-and-forth of making each other smile and just keeping that childish feeling in your life. Don't let go of it.

"Finally // beautiful stranger" - Halsey

Love doesn't make sense. You may not know a thing about someone, but still feel drawn to them for one reason or another. The universe has a way of giving you someone as a gift who just makes you feel comfortable in your own skin. Even if you only know a little bit about someone's interests, there's still potential to have something big with them, even if it's just in the form of friendship. Remember, that's love too.

"Perfect" - Ed Sheeran

Love is the future. Speaking of gifts, that gift of a person also has the potential to be a part of your future. Whether that's a lifelong friendship or even marriage, you may be set up for a great chapter. You never know who the one you're meant to find will be, so keep your eyes and mind open to anything and anyone.

"I Do" - 911

Love is changing someone's mind. There are always moments in life that upset you and tear you down. Sometimes you don't know how to recover from it either and maybe even wonder if anyone out there cares about you. Don't be discouraged though. There's always someone who cares. They can be your Superman/Supergirl, ready to swoop in and lift your spirits automatically. They'll cherish you with love forever and change your mind on the first part or the idea of not being able to find romantic love.

"All You Need Is Love" - The Beatles

Love makes things possible. There's nothing in this world that you can't do. Regardless of what you think, you're always impacting someone's life positively in some way. Love in any form is enough power to make you do anything even if it scares you. All I can say is find that source of love and power, and challenge yourself. You are capable of so many things.