50 Things That We Should Appreciate More

Because life is short.

193
Spyderonlines

Sometimes, we overlook little things that people do or say, and things that occur on a regular, boring day. These little things should definitely be valued and appreciated more. Take the time to thank people who do some of these, or stop and find joy in some of these things because although we live a fast paced life, life can be very short.

1. When someone asks a question you are too afraid/shy to ask in class.

2. When someone says “bless you” when you sneeze.

3. When someone comes to visit you when you are sick.

4. When someone goes out of their way to hold the door open for you.

5. When a bus driver lets you pass them because they can tell you are in a rush.

6. When someone plays a throwback song in the car and you jam out.

7. When someone asks about your day.

8. When someone just hugs you when you are upset.

9. When someone calls you "just because."

10. When someone lets you check homework problems and “compare.”

11. When someone lets you have a sip of their drink.

12. When someone cares enough to make sure you are okay even if they are not.

13. When someone offers food to you in class.

14. When someone tells you to text them and let them know you got home safe.

15. When someone walks you to your car even if it is out of their way.

16. When someone understands how you feel when you cannot explain your emotions.

17. When you hear your favorite song play at the store.

18. When you listen to a little kid tell you about their day at school.

19. When you realize it is a Friday.

20. When someone lends you a pen and lets you keep it.

21. When police officers let you go with a warning because you are just trying to get to class on time.

22. When you hear a really good acoustic version of a song.

23. When you wake up to pancakes and eggs on Saturday mornings.

24. When someone compliments you when you bum it.

25. When you reunite with a friend and talk for hours.

26. When someone takes their headphones out just to say hello to you.

27. When someone tags you in a funny Facebook post.

28. When someone lets you pet their dog because it is adorable and fluffy.

29. When someone asks if you want to study together for a test.

30. When your siblings ask to have a movie night.

31. When someone calls to wish you a happy birthday.

32. When you make it in time to get the lunch special.

33. When someone lets you borrow their phone charger when you have 5% left.

34. When someone offers to drive.

35. When someone asks how your family is.

36. When someone you meet for the first time shakes your hand when introducing him/herself.

37. When the mailman says, “Hello, how are you?” when you go out to get the mail.

38. When someone waves to you when driving through a neighborhood.

39. When a friend comes over and offers to help your siblings with homework.

40. When someone laughs so much at one of your jokes, they have tears rolling down their face.

41. When you have a fortune cookie and the fortune is relevant to whatever is going on in your life at the moment.

42. When someone offers to give you their notes when you miss a class.

43. When professors have extra credit opportunities and do not ask for a write up.

44. When professors skip ice breakers on the first day of school.

45. When your parents send you selfies.

46. When you happen to be at the right place, at the right time, and end up getting free stuff.

47. When someone responds to your text as soon as they read it.

48. When someone says “don’t worry about it” when you don’t have enough change.

49. When someone suggests a song and it becomes a favorite.

50. When restaurants deliver to school libraries.