8 Things You Can Relate To If You’re Hardcore Vegetarian

Friends, NOT food.
36

I've been vegetarian for my entire life. Yes, you read that correctly--my ENTIRE life.

As a kid, I just refused to eat meat. In addition to not loving the taste, something about it felt wrong to me. However, I couldn't quite put my finger on it at the time because I was so young.

My vegetarianism today still has to do with the fact that I just don't enjoy the taste of meat. However, as I have gotten older, it has developed a different dimension. It now also has to do with my love of animals.

Here are a few things that you surely can relate to if you share the mindset that animals are our friends--not our food.

1. You read the ingredients on EVERYTHING.

2. You and chicken broth are enemies. Because you realize nearly everything is cooked with it.

3. You avoid sticky candy--because of Gelatin.

4. People ask you the same questions over and over.“Why are you vegetarian?” Wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve answered that one.

4. “How do you have any protein in your diet?” As if there are no other protein alternatives :/

5. You can’t pick the pepperoni off a slice of pizza and you could never just “eat around” the chicken in a salad. It has already touched your food, so you won’t eat it. People think you're weird for that but you don't care.

6. Finding that vegetarian Ramen flavor is finding a needle in a haystack.

7. When you order in an Italian restaurant, you always ask the waiter if there is meat in the sauce.

And Finally...

8. You love animals. All of them.