things to say to a depressed mother

Dear Mom, I Forgive You

Even though you felt like nothing you did was enough, just know I love you and I need you.

375

To this day I still see that helpless little girl watching and begging her mom not to jump off the stairs that may lead to her death. I still here the crying of the same little girl when her own mother was about to crash her car with two little girls under age nine inside.

Just know that despite the trauma we endured I still love you and I forgive you for everything you had put me and my sister through.

I realized that you needed serious help. I understand that being a single mom is not easy and there were times you just wanted to give up. Just know that as your daughter I appreciate you as a mother and as a person.You are the reason I am the woman I am today and without you, I would be nothing.

You taught me the value of hard work and perseverance. You taught me how to be patient. And most importantly, you taught me to stay strong. Like Tupac had said in his song, "ain't no woman alive that can take my mama's place"- that still rings true to this day.

Mom, I understand being a woman is not easy. I admit to resenting you so much when I was younger and wanting nothing to do with you. Just know that despite your threats of abandoning me, I will never abandon you. No matter what. I never realized how much pain you had in your heart from your past. Now I know that you never meant for this to happen and that you wanted what was best for us.

Without you my life would never be the same. You made me a strong woman. I am self reliant and a hard worker. Because of you, teachers loved me along with supervisors. I remember one Christmas when I was probably in fourth grade. Nana asked if I would get married and what my prince charming would be like; to my reply I said "I don't need a man". I said that and I meant every word because you taught me to be an independent woman.

You taught me to have no fear and to come at life with all the strength I have. Because of you I wake up and have a positive attitude no matter how crappy life gets.

Just know that you matter to me and to my sister. No matter what, I love you. I may not be the best daughter but I promise to try my best to make you proud and I will be by your side when your time comes.

I love you to the moon and back mom no matter how much we been through and how mad we may get at one another. I will never stop loving you and I will never be the same once I have to live without you.