Things To Remember When You've Had Your Heart Broken

Having your heart broken can feel like the end of the world. Take this time to learn about yourself.

161
rawstory.com

When you’ve had your heart broken it can feel like the world is falling apart. Your heart hurts. You feel sad. You feel as if you are not good enough. I am here to tell you that you ARE enough.

You are more than enough. Anyone who has ever met you can attest to that statement. Things like this happen sometimes but what is important is to remember that you are not worth any less than anybody else.

I’ve been there. It sucks. I know that, personally, I become super hard on myself. I tell myself over and over again that I did something wrong, or that I just was not good enough for the person. In the end, I know that this is all wrong, but I can’t help feeling so down. When I get into this funk I tend to shut people out and put my guard up even higher. Do NOT do this. Your friends are there for you, they care for you; don’t shut them out.

Try to go out with friends or even spend some time learning about yourself and enjoying other things. Don’t lock yourself away in your room, it will only make things worse.

Find a new band/artist and learn all of their songs. That way you won’t come across one that reminds you of your previous S.O. This can be exciting to find new music and you might even come across your new favorite song.

Try to stay away from sad and depressing songs. Yes, they may make you feel better for a little while but then you will get to thinking about what has happened and you will be even more upset than you were before. I am guilty of this especially.

Go on an adventure! Whether you are with some old friends or venturing out by yourself, go explore! This world is full of beautiful sights! Ask some of your loved ones to go with you so you can share this experience with them.

Try to stay away from sappy rom-coms. Yes, they can be adorable and feel all fluffy and warm inside, but if you have a broken heart they can make you feel worse. You’ll wish you had the love the actors seemed to share in the movies and you’ll retreat back to your hole.

Find a new book to lose yourself in. My personal favorite is If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I couldn’t tell you how many times I have read that one.

Most importantly, use this time to focus on yourself. Try to learn some things about yourself that you never knew before. Search for a new hobby, build a collection of quotes, spend some good old quality time for yourself. You don’t need this sadness in your life. It hurts for now but it will only make you stronger in the end. Try not to build up crazy walls. One day you will find that special someone who will make all of this heartache seem silly but also worth it in the end. You are enough. You are special. In the words of Dr. Seuss, “You are YOU, that is TRUER than true. There is NO ONE alive who is YOUER than YOU.