15 Things To Do Before You Graduate High School

I loved every part of high school.

499

As a senior entering college next year, I can say I've talked from experience.

1. Get detention.

What's the point of living on the edge if you don't break the rules a little ;) Personally, I haven't done this yet because there haven't been any reasons for me to get detention.

2. Learn a new language.

It's a part of getting into the real world, how can you consider yourself ready for the world if you only know one language? The entire world doesn't speak any one language.

3. Pull an all-nighter.

If you haven't done this in high school, you haven't been to an actual high school.

4. Take your number one fear...and conquer it.

I hated heights and roller coasters. For a physics trip I had to go on at least two coasters, so I went on the tallest one and the fastest one. R.I.P

5. Sneak out of the house and walk around your neighborhood for a couple hours.

After I got into college, I went out in the middle of the night and went exploring and thinking about my next four years. Just me, myself, and I. It provides you with a sense of perspective, makes you realize that in the night you are insignificant until you actually do something for others.

6. Ask someone out on a date or to the school dance.

Whether you get rejected or not is not the point, going outside your comfort zone to let people know that you have some semblance of feelings for them and acting on it shows courage.

7. Visit your past.

In high school, especially at the end of it, looking back at your earlier stages of life to understand what kind of a person you were and have become lets you know that progress is real and that if you keep working hard, you will always come up in life.

8. Read a book a week for six months.

This was a personal challenge I set for myself. It was light, seven days to read a novel of 200-800 pages? (I definitely pulled an all-nighter for this one).

9. Find an activity and compete.

Dance, debate club, karate. Whatever it is, be the best and keep winning.

10. Get rejected.

Take this in anyway you see fit.

11. Come up with a business plan with a couple friends.

Sophomore year, a couple of friends I came up with a business plan to put a magnetic levitation rail for bikes through my small city and make money off of it. We actually approached our town mayor about the idea β€” we were legit.

12. Outright fail a test.

My science teacher told me that her niece was older than my test score... #senioritis Credit to anyone who can guess why I used Baljeet for this one.

13. GO TO PROM.

Prom was a fantastic time, and I loved every minute of it. Had an amazing date, and the dance with all of my friends was even more memorable. Seriously, go to prom.

14. Make high school worth remembering.

To be honest, if you didn't leave high school thinking it was the best part of your life by far- you did everything wrong. I have hated so many things about my high school, so many bad memories as well, but, as a rising senior, there is no other place that could've made me a better human being. So as the bittersweet moment of graduation arrives- Thank You, John. P Stevens High School for the best part of my life.