14 Things To Do Over Spring Break

14 Things To Do Over Spring Break When You’re Not Going Anywhere

If this article sounds oddly specific and weirdly personal that's because it is.

128

Unfortunately, spring break is rarely about fabulous vacations and beautiful days. Sometimes we luck out with a great week filled with long-lasting memories. However, if you're like the rest of us, spring break is about binge-watching reality TV and pretending that spring quarter isn't a week away.

1. Cry yourself to sleep.

I mean what else is there to do when the constant hustle and bustle of school and upcoming assignments aren't there to distract you from how horrible you feel?

2. Watch "Mamma Mia 2" and fantasize about having that kind of spring break.

Nothing screams "spring break!" like one-time flings, the gorgeous scenery of Greece and the cheerful bops of ABBA. Pop in the musical and dream about a getaway that isn't your bed.

3. Watch "Mamma Mia 2" and then promptly cry yourself to sleep.

Because you're not in Greece, you don't look like Lily James and the three guys you're hooking up with don't really care about you and they're just weapons for your personal self-destruction anyway. Is there an ABBA song for this?

4. See your therapist.

Oh wait. She's on vacation too. Dammit.

5. Go binge on cupcakes once you realize you can’t see your therapist.

TREAT YO SELF. Then feel like complete crap about it for the next week.

6. See your friends.

The ones that aren't on vacation. Try to be in the moment and take some killer Snapchat stories to help you feel way more adjusted than you actually are.

7. Take all the naps.

And much like the cupcakes, feel like crap at the end of the day because you've literally done NOTHING.

8. Go to work and make that moneyyyy.

Which is all you'll do this spring break besides sleeping. Work. And not the fun sexy Rihanna kind. The kind where customers yell at you and you don't get paid enough.

9. Wonder what it's like to have money.

Because all those paychecks are either going to car payments, rent, or tuition. The least fun things in the world. On the bright side, there is an ABBA song for this.

10. Contemplate getting a sugar daddy.

It adds another fun and sexy layer to the Mamma Mia fantasy. But then you realize that's kind of scary and weird and your hands are full with the whole self-destruction thing. Meh.

11. Abuse Uber Eats.

I don't care how outrageous the delivery fees are. I don't have to get out of bed!

12. Overdraft at Starbucks the next morning.

Wow those delivery fees really add up.

13. Go on a scenic drive. That ultimately ends up at the cupcake shop.

That's what your savings account is for.

14. Do whatever the hell you want even if it’s depressing and gross.

Then go ahead and write an article about it! But for real go outside if you can and just try to enjoy because spring quarter is literally a week away. Spring break is kind of a rip-off.