11 Gems Of California's Central Coast

11 Gems Of California's Central Coast

You will be visually and physically out of breath when you make it to the top of Bishop's Peak.

122
11 Gems Of California's Central Coast

California is a tremendously large state, with a diverse culture of its own.

The marriage of the mountains and ocean make for nooks and corners of every nature within the state.

There are many cherished secrets that California has to offer, including the Central Coast, which is amongst one of California’s greatest secrets. “The Central Coast” is classified as the coastal region between the southern area of Point Mugu in Oxnard to Monterey Bay on the cusp of Northern California, as indicated in the map below. Within this coastal scape there exist many well-concealed gems. Continue reading to learn about the eleven gems of California’s Central Coast

1. Deetjen’s Big Sur Inn, Big Sur

If you want to feel like you are tucked away in a mystical hobbit home than this is the place to be. Eat in Deetjen's restaurant and be served in an electric atmosphere, or book a room and spend a night in the Central Coast treasure.

3. “The Point,” San Simeon

William Randolph Hearst knew what he was doing when he chose to build his grand Hearst Estate in San Simeon, California. Apart from being a newspaper tycoon, Mr. Hearst was also one to identify a quality location. Today you can take a walk at Hearst Beach and look back and catch some glimpses of his castle on the hill. But be sure to walk up the forested path to "The Point" as locals call it and venture through the eucalyptus groves and brave the steep seaside cliffs.

5. Fiscalini Ranch, Cambria

This quaint retirement community meets tourist trap knew what they were doing when the town preserved a large portion of undeveloped land connecting the East and West villages of town and saved it to be a dedicated hiking and walking destination. Take a stroll on the boardwalk and be struck with sea-breeze and stunning views, look close and you will see the Piers Blancas lighthouse in the distance.

6. Grass Mountain, Los Olivos

This Santa Ynez Valley mountain sticks out like a soar-thumb due to its grassy-faced slope. Tucked into the San Rafeal mountain range, Grass Mountain is the forefront face and most prominent peak along Culture Pine Ridge. Get a Midland School day pass and climb the mountain in spring when the wildflowers are in full bloom.

7. Lizard’s Mouth Rock, Santa Barbra

An iconic Santa Barbra destination and parkour participate's daydream, Lizard's Mouth consists of many nooks and plateaus of red rock perfect for an adventure, not the mention the great views that come along!

8. Treebones, Big Sur

Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a bird? Well sleep in the "Bird's Nest" at Treebones and find out. If a nest is not your forte then rent out the "Tree House" or furnished yurt.

10. Clairmont Farm Lavender CO, Los Olivos

The smell of lavender is terrific, but have you ever been surrounded by this much lavender? Head to Los Olivos and stop by Clairmont Farm Lavender Company to jump into and be surrounded by more lavender then you have ever seen-- your senses will be overwhelmed with joy.

11. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Big Sur

Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park boasts the great Julia Pfeiffer falls, which are simply exquisite. You have seen National Geographic and Discovery Chanel photography footage of those rare beautiful gems, well now it's your turn to snap a picture on your iPhone. A trip to Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park will not be regretted.