Top Things to Do In Amsterdam

Top Things to Do In Amsterdam

Amsterdam has a lot to offer tourists and new immigrants in terms of infrastructure and activities.

13
Top Things to Do In Amsterdam

Visiting the Netherlands for the first time can be a pretty overwhelming experience when you have no idea what to do first. There are so many options, and sometimes, there isn't enough time to get everything done. From visiting different places to trying out the local cuisine, the amount of fun just never stops.

Having a guide to help you start off your fun exploration of Amsterdam can go a long way in helping you maximize your trip. So, here are some of the best things you can do in Amsterdam.

6 Best Things to Do in Amsterdam

Here are the 6 Best Things to Do in Amsterdam.

Cycling

If you don't mind the exercise, one of the best ways t have fun in Amsterdam is cycling. The routes available for bicycles in Amsterdam are some of the most famous in the world. With the number of cycles even exceeding the number of people in the city, getting a chance to explore scenic routes while experiencing the joys of a good workout can make for a great fun starter.

Visiting Landmarks

Apart from the fun cycling routes, Amsterdam also offers several attractive historical sites and museums. Places like Dam Square, the Portuguese Synagogue, Van Gogh Museum, and even educational facilities like the University of Amsterdam. If you're a big fan of art, then you can visit Amsterdam's Museum Willet-Holthuysen. And if you're a fan of Wolf of Wall Street, Beurs van Berlage, the old stock exchange facility.

When it comes to Landmarks, Amsterdam has a lot to offer in terms of history and art. You just have to choose which ones you can visit.

Trying Street Food

When it comes to street food, Amsterdam has a lot to offer. You can get middle eastern food from LAFFA - Middle Eastern StreetFood Amsterdam or local cuisine at Foodhallen. Trying out interesting Dutch food can help to broaden your palette. Things like Dutch pancakes, Raw herring, vending machine croquettes, Kibbler, Oliebollen, etc., are all great food options to try when visiting Amsterdam.

Canal Cruises

Amsterdam is famous for cycling, but it's also renowned for its canal cruises, ranging from classical daytime boat rides to semi-tours. The canals offer refreshments and a chance to experience the city from a different perspective. With various options available for tourists to choose from, a canal cruise is a must-do when you visit Amsterdam. If you want to try it out, check out these options.

Going Beer Hunting

Yes, Beer hunting! For beer lovers, Amsterdam has a historical brewery where you can try out freshly brewed beer. You can get a tour of the microbrewery to see how beer is made and still get to taste the newly created product. Sounds fun, right?

Ferry to Amsterdam's famous Shipyard

A free ferry ride can take you t visit Amsterdam's renovated shipyard. A place that's available to tourists now as a cultural spot. You can get a ton of things to eat and drink and have the opportunity to make friends with new people or just relax and enjoy the scenery.

Amsterdam has a lot to offer tourists and new immigrants in terms of infrastructure and activities. If you're big n concerts and famous musicians, Amsterdam's Paradiso is an excellent place to go to wind down after exploring the cruises, cuisine, and landmarks.