Things To Do During Christmas Break

Things To Do During Christmas Break

School is over, and now the holidays are here!

35
Things To Do During Christmas Break
setthewed.com

With finals over and Christmas looming ahead, there are a few things that college students across the country are looking forward to. School is over, and now is time to do all those things that you weren't able to while classes were meeting.

Enjoy coffee, blankets, and sweaters! Now that you are finished with all of your school assignments and finals, you can finally focus on doing what is important – being cozy. As the weather continues to cool down (depending on your geographic location), you can fully utilize the warmth and comfort that holiday-flavored coffee, heavy blankets, and fuzzy sweaters can bring!

Listen to Christmas songs. I don’t know about you, but this is hard for me to do while trying to hardcore cram for that upcoming biology final. Christmas music just doesn’t scream “ACHIEVE” the way that rock ‘n roll or electric techno music does. Now that I don’t need music to motivate me to work, and I can cozy up in my blankets and sweaters, sip my warm drink, and enjoy my favorite Christmas songs.

Read good books by the fireplace. The fact that this book will not be school related is my favorite part. Reading books for fun isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it is something that a good number of people admit to enjoying. Again, the cold weather makes such things as a crackling fire an absolute must-have. Add a sleeping puppy to the equation and the picture is perfect!

Spend time with family. I started out the semester strong, regularly texting and keeping in contact with my family members. As the semester progressed and the momentum of due assignments began increasing, the time I spent connecting with family began to diminish. Now that I’ll be home for Christmas, I look forward to spending some quality time with some of my favorite people.

Catch up on sleep. This. It hardly needs any explanation or elaboration, but I will gladly give both. Regardless of my mid-semester aspirations of starting my finals studying early, this never happened. The result was more than one all-nighter, and less than six hours of sleep most nights. Were the grades worth it? Absolutely. But I could have made my job much easier and less exhausting had I maintained these early aspirations. If my friends don’t hear from me until New Years, it’s probably because I’m hibernating.