21 Things To Be Happy About Right Now

21 Things To Be Happy About Right Now

There's always a reason to smile.

66

Sometimes, we need a reminder of how lucky and fortunate we are to live the lives we live. It's refreshing to take a step back and remember... life is pretty damn good.

1. You have internet access. 

Since you're reading this, I can confirm you have access to the internet. You have the ability to connect with virtually anyone you want, explore and learn about any subject, and engage in social media. 51% of the world does not have this luxury.

2. You know how to read.

17% of the world is illiterate.

3. Sawyer got exactly what he wanted for Christmas--a large bottle of ketchup.

He was so happy, he was moved to tears.

4. The sun rises every single morning.

5. Suicide rates are falling.

According to The Economist, "global suicide rates have fallen 29% since 2000."

6. Animals exist.

7. Someone looks up to you.

You might not see them down there, but they surely see you.

8. Coffee exists.

9. Your best friend's laugh.

10. The "class is cancelled" email.

11. Books are not doing away any time soon.

According to the Good News Network, book sales are up for the fifth year in a row.

12. Fridays.

13. A dog was reunited with his mom after a forest fire.

This baby waited days at the site where his home burned down for his family to come back. When the owners were cleared to go back to their land, Madison was there to welcome them.

14. Warm brownies with ice cream.

15. The first warm spring day after a harsh winter.

16. Amazing hair days.

You're flawless.

17. Calling your mom to cry it out.

18. Christmas time.

19. Munchkin cats are a thing.

Look at those wittle leggies. How can you not be a little happier after that?

20. Someone loves you.

21. You're alive.