7 Things That Inevitably Happen During An Important Zoom Meeting

Zoom: It's FaceTime for adults.

189

Zoom. It's not just a cancelled PBS Kids show, it's our lifeline to the outside world. Well, it, and Houseparty. And Google Hangout. Oh, and Instagram Live. And we can't forget the OG, FaceTime.

Zoom has become our way of going to classes, having meetings, and celebrating birthdays. And like all of those things, it has its problems. Besides the fact that they might be spying on us.

Here are seven things that will inevitably go through your mind or happen while you are on Zoom.

1. You wonder if you actually need to turn your camera on

10 Tampa Bay — YouTube

Like, is it necessary for people to see you? But is it rude if you just leave your screen black with your name?

2. If you do turn your camera on, you will end up doing something gross or weird and wonder if anyone noticed

Since we are all in our homes, we are becoming gross. And we don't get dressed up for our Zoom meetings. We want to be comfortable. Sometimes we get too comfortable and forget that we are on a call and the camera is on, and we do an armpit check. Or try to pop a pimple. Or we see that we have food on our faces. Anyone? Or is it just me?

3. You do turn your camera off when you have to do something out of the room

Because it's rude to just get up and leave, and you don't want to interrupt anyone.

4. You wonder if the "mute" actually works and what it actually mutes

The mute function of Zoom is amazing. But does it actually work? There's no way to test it without getting caught. And what does it mute? Does it just mute background noise? Does it mute anything on your computer?

5. You try to do something else while listening

So, basically like any other meeting or college class. And it's way easier to get away with, since we're all on our computers, we only have a small view of everyone, and we can't pay attention to everyone at once.

6. You wonder what the better way to view is, speaker or grid

assets.rbl.ms

I've been a speaker view kinda girl, since I'm only using Zoom for classes, and I don't need to see anyone besides my professor. However, it gets weird when you can't see everyone, and someone just pops up out of nowhere.

7. You want to ask a question, but forget how to do the "raise hand" thing, and have to decide if you should interrupt or just forget it

Why isn't the "raise hand" thing just in the main menu? God forbid it be simple!