Look to the bright side.

A Thank you To all The Things That Didn't Work Out

Everything really does happen for a reason.

441

When something does not work out as planned, our immediate thoughts are overwhelming. I have sat up many nights, staring at the ceiling, wondering why things did not work out as planned. I know sometimes you feel as if the whole world is coming down on you. I know you are frustrated at the mystery of events that could take place.

Trust me, it will get better and work out in a way you never would've imagined.

When you wallow in self-pity after things not working out, you are only hindering your success. You know when everything will get better? It will get better when you start believing in yourself. It will get better when you start to love yourself for who you are and push yourself to your fullest potential.

Life has many different paths and obstacles that we, as human beings, are faced with every day.

When we do not have a choice on the outcome of particular situations, it is hard to see the positive side.

Take a minute to close your eyes and think about the last time something did not work out as planned. Were you optimistic and positive? If not, take this advice from me.

To my 6th grade relationship where I acted out the "Romeo and Juliet" scene for my first kiss, thank you. To the immature middle-school drama, thank you. To dance auditions, thank you. To falling in love with one specific college, thank you. To having a crazy freshman year experience, thank you.

Now, these are just a handful of events that did not go as planned for me personally. I can truthfully say, with all of these "losses," I gained so much more. Sometimes we do not even realize that the plans we are making for our lives may not be the best. The plans that are meant to work out always do.

So, to the girl that is crying for not making the cheer team, say thank you.

To the guy that is frustrated about his career path, say thank you.

To the child that is left out in a friend group, say thank you.

You will one day see the path that IS meant to work out after that one "planned" path did not. It is so important to understand that you are not alone. Every single human being on this earth has once thought of a plan, only to have it destructed by a new one. Without control, without a say, our life plan can change in a blink.

So, to all the things that did not work out, thank you.