5 Things I Took for Granted Before College

2. My own shower
98

Before going to college, all anyone would tell me was "You're going to miss this" and "You should savor that while you can" and admittedly, I would just roll my eyes, because how bad could it be, right? Well, turns out that while the college experience is amazing, there are some things that I took for granted at home and I never will again.

1. Driving

There is nothing like rolling down your windows and blasting your favorite song without any judgment from roommates and hall mates (especially when your favorite songs are country).

2. My Own Shower

I knew communal showers would be an adjustment, but I never thought I would be as happy as I was seeing a ledge I could use to shave in the hotel during family weekend.

3. Hugs

Never again will I turn down a hug from my mom or best friend. There is just nothing like those big, enveloping, bear hugs.

4. My Mom's Food

I have always heard college kids saying how much they miss home cooked meals, but I never understood it. I always thought "You can eat anything you want, whenever you want. What could be so bad?" But little did I know that one could get tired of dining hall pizza and pasta for every meal.

5. Short Distance From Friends

You never realize how nice it is to be able to get in your car (😩) and arrive at your friend's house in under 15 minutes whenever you needed to. Now all your friends are miles away and you can't get those hugs whenever you need them.