Things To Remember While In A Long Distance Relationship
relationships

7 Things To Remember While In A Long Distance Relationship

Especially through the college years, long distance isn't that uncommon anymore. However, every day we are seeing more and more couples make it work. So what's the secret?

76
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-blur-bokeh-bright-613321/

Being a young adult is actually really hard. Long distance relationships are just one of the many things a lot of college students will experience during college. Sadly, I feel like it doesn't get talked about enough. Some people seem to feel embarrassed that their partner and them have chosen to try and make things work while miles and miles apart. A lot of people might be thinking why even bother, so I am sticking up for everyone in a long distance relationship and explaining why it can work.

1. You love them more than you miss them

These are my most favorite words. This is what I hold onto when you miss them so much your body just aches. When they are the only person in the world you want next to you, this is what you remember. You remember that your love is greater than the distance and that is why you are putting yourself through this.

2. Traveling can be SO fun

Being far away means.... VACAY! You get to enjoy weekend getaways and making memories like no other when you get to be together. Take advantage of these moments and never let them go.

3. When you're together, it is like you were never apart

As soon as you lay eyes on them, you'll forget you were even apart. When I FaceTime my boyfriend, I begin to forget how far away we are in those moments. Feeling close when you're a thousand miles apart is the greatest feeling in the world.

4. You are able to continue working on your indepence

To me, being independent while in a relationship is extremely important. You have to stand on your own two feet and be your own person. This can be difficult when you are young and in a serious relationship. This can be the upside of long distance. You remain close to the one you love, but you are left to be alone and continue learning how adult life and independence work.

5. No one ever said it was easy, but who says it's not doable?

DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS OF THE WORLD. Friends, family and bystanders on the street will tell you all about how distance never seems to work. Don't listen to them. It is 100 percent only up to you and your significant other if you are going to make it work, but it without a doubt can work.

6. The uncontrollable excitement of knowing when you'll see them next

I'm currently in the middle of my own countdown. Every day that you get closer gets even more and more exciting. You find yourself grinning from ear to ear just at the thought of getting to lock eyes with them and run into their arms. You wouldn't want to feel that kind of happiness?

7. It really teaches YOU what YOU want and need in a relationship

Since distance can come with so many obstacles and trying moments, it really can show you how hard you are willing to work for something you really want. And that's just it. You can really learn about yourself and what you want and need in a relationship. Take the distance as an opportunity to learn about yourself and your partner and how you are as a couple.

I just want to leave you with one thing: don't let the idea of distance keep you from something or someone that has all the potential of being amazing; you can't knock it until you try.