5 Things I'm Excited To Accomplish In 2018 As A Recent Graduate

There are plenty of things that I am changing in 2018.

67

As we open 2018, I am excited to make some changes to my life and living situation. I feel it is time to spread my wings and become more independent.

Throughout the year of 2017, I was preparing for the next year as I knew that I had to make some lifestyle changes, and although difficult, I knew these changes had to be made.

In 2017, I did accomplish things that are worth noting, including graduating with a degree in communications from Arcadia University and landing a good starter job with Abington Hospital.

However, that is just beginning, and in 2018, I hope to make more significant accomplishments in my life, and I am sharing what exactly I want to accomplish in 2018.

1. Move out on my own and into my own apartment!!!

At the age of 25, I would like to move into my own apartment. I feel like I had a bit of a setback because of attending school and some bad choices. I now have a shot at redemption with a good paying job (all of that hard work in school paid off), so I can move out sooner rather than later.

2. Get my own source of transportation!!!

I did have a car once, but that turned out to be one of my poor choices. I rushed into getting a car, and it broke down on me. As a result, I was stuck paying car loans.

I am grateful, however, for an increase in income so I can consider getting at least an affordable car. I am tired of taking the bus, Lyfts and Ubers and carpooling with other people.

3. Get full-time hours at my current job!!!

I am currently employed part-time as a communication specialist with Abington Hospital – we all need to get our foot in the door somewhere. I took this position in hopes that my hours can evolve with time.

4. Live a healthier lifestyle!!!

I know this is the oldest New Year's Resolution in the book, but I've never made a resolution like this before, so for me, that does not count. I would like to join a gym to relieve stress and gain more muscle mass.

Throughout the year of 2017, I slacked in the healthy living department. Therefore, I would like to get on the healthy lifestyle train. Although I am not going vegan, I do want to cut out red meat.

5. Grow closer to God!!!

My walk with God is not where I would like it to be, and I am very adamant about improving. I believe I can definitely accomplish this.

I would like to get more involved with my church and minister to more people about the goodness of Jesus. By the end of 2018, I pray that my relationship with God will be in an excellent place.

There is so much more that I want to accomplish in 2018, but the rest is personal, and I will keep you all updated as the year progresses. Wish me luck!