12 Things Only Framingham Kids Will Get
popular

12 Things Only Framingham Kids Will Get

You know it's true...

3656
12 Things Only Framingham Kids Will Get
Wikimedia

Framingham, MA is one interesting town...I mean, city. Although I do sometimes say I hate(d) it here and there, I am forever thankful for being raised in such a diverse, outgoing, and huge community. Here are just some things any Framingham kid will have/has experienced...

1. The Complex

If you didn't go to the complex in middle school to "watch" the baseball games, were you even cool? Those weekend nights under the lights, spending all your money on candy/pizza at the snack shack, and flirting with your middle school crush(es) will never be forgotten.

2. Mad Willies, J&M's, Chipotle, etc...

Every time you go to these signature locations in town, you are guaranteed to see at least someone you know. If you didn't see anyone there each time, did you really even go?

3. The J-Lot

The walk will forever suck, but let's admit it, we all thought we were cool pulling up in our cars and walking in a huge crowd towards the gyms.

4. The Senior Lot

A much shorter walk, but we still thought we were cool. Seeing your spot open was actually shocking because so many annoying people would park in it "unknowingly". All seniors LIVE(D) for the BBQ/luau on the last day of school in the parking lot/grass area.

5. Having no AC at school

Shoutout to FPS for canceling school that one insanely hot day, you saved us all. But really? The high schools and middle schools desperately need some AC. Everyone is sick of complaining.

6. Being great in sports

Okay, so not every sports team in high school is great; however, all our youth programs have been incredible. Football, Cheer, Hockey, Lacrosse, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer; Framingham has it all. In high school, the boys' hockey team is the easily the best, but there are plenty of other teams that make a great run!

7. HATING Natick

Yea, they kick our butts in football every Thanksgiving game, but when it comes to other sports, it's always a fierce competition. Natick's high school might be nicer, but we know deep down that the dirty 'ham will always be better #rollflyers.

8. Thanksgiving game: return of the graduates

Seeing the most recent graduated class return from their first few months of college life is always exciting. Sometimes it even turns into a fashion show...

9. Anderson's Driving School

Absolute hell. To be honest, it doesn't even deserve to be on here. It is such a mess, but we all somehow survived through Bill's insane lectures, lessons with the weird instructors, and getting our license bright and early on that Saturday morning.

10. Junior Scav

If you know, you know. In fact, the whole high school knows about it and what goes down. What better way to prepare for senior year than a fun, yet crazy end to junior year?

11. CONSTRUCTION

EVERYWHERE. There is never a construction-free part of Framingham. And it absolutely sucks.

12. And last but not least, our DIVERSITY

It's what makes Framingham so special, and it has made me and many others much more culturally aware.

Although I do not see myself having a future in Framingham, I am grateful for all the memories and experiences I have. Roll Flyers.