7 Things You Must Do In New York City

7 Things You Must Do In New York City

It's been waiting for you!

37

New York City is the undisputed center of the world. Like it just is.

Every optimistic person moves there if they can afford it because it is expensive as hell to live there. It doesn't matter if you want to be on Broadway or on Wall Street. New York City has opportunities for nearly every type of job, and nearly every TV show takes place there, adding to the intrigue.

Even if you can't afford to move to New York one day, and/or are cheap, like me, you probably still love going to New York for a short period of time, like myself.

Here are some things everyone has to do when they go to the Big Apple.

1. Go to Times Square and look up.

We all need that movie/TV moment, where you just look up at the lights and feel like you're somewhere important.

2. Find a fountain in a park that you are allowed to wade in.

I found one six years ago, and it was so much fun. Especially if you're going in the summer.

3. Eat at one of Grand Central's restaurants.

Train station food is not great; except for the food at Grand Central Station. Just like the rest of New York City, Grand Central is home to several different restaurants with several different cuisines. My mother and I found a really good Indian restaurant on the first floor, whose name I cannot remember. And if you have time, and can find a free space, check out the constellations painting on the ceiling of the main floor. It's pretty gorgeous.

4. Find a good, legitimate pizza place.

Not one of those crappy places that Jon Stewart doesn't consider "good pizza." A legitimate, thin crusted, brick oven, Italian-made, slice of pizza. And make sure to fold it.

5. Go shopping.

Duh! NYC has some of the coolest stores in the world, and chances are you'll find one that is in your price range.

6. Go to Central Park

There is so much to do there, and the park is beautiful.

7. Take pictures of everything.

All while making sure you don't drop your phone, and/or it doesn't get stolen. Who cares if you look like a tourist? You are one anyway!

8. Hum Taylor Swift's "Welcome To New York" while walking through the city.

Yeah, it's not Taylor's best song, or a song that is specific to New York, but it's a great song to have in your head while walking through the city.