Things I’ve Realized in the past month
Politics

Things I’ve Realized in the past month

or maybe just what I’ve remembered

82
Things I’ve Realized in the past month

The past month of my life has been so eye opening in the least dramatic way possible. Compared to the 3 months prior, it was very uneventful and not at all hurtful. Perhaps it's been the calm after the storm I survived during those 3 months. Maybe it was the conclusion I needed to finally heal. Whatever it was, I learned a lot in the past month.
1- Like it or not, your family is usually right about people.

In friendships or relationships, we get so blind sided by the happiness we are being brought that we often fail to see why a person isn't right for us. All we see is how that friend was there for us when it was important, or how happy we usually are in our relationship. Moms and sisters are good at deciphering what you know in your subconscious but have hidden from reality. Listen up.

2- Grudges are worthless.

No matter how a person wronged you or someone you care about, stop being angry at them for it. If you got an explanation or not, you have no idea what exactly was going on in their head and heart to do or say what they did. If they feel guilty for it or not, that is there problem. Time to move on with your life and stop worrying about other people.

3- STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

Are you happy? Did you create that happiness in a healthy way? Do you have to live with the people you are worrying about? Yes, yes, no? As long as you are not purposefully hurting someone for your own gain, you don't owe them an apology. How they feel about you or your actions is none of your business. Unless it's someone you see every day and it's causing more problems, remove yourself from their negative energy and live your life. You don’t owe them anything.

4- Stepping out of your comfort zone is crucial.

Sometimes that step is more of a slide, or a jump, or you were even pushed, but to ever get further than where you currently are, you have to escape your comfort zone. Not in a major way, not life altering. Just do something new. Do something that makes your heart race with adrenalin. Do something you've been too scared to cross off a bucket list. Growth is what life is about, and most times you have to be uncomfortable to reach growth.

5- People are fickle.

I learned this early in life but I have seen it so clearly recently. People will love you until you no longer play into their games. They will not listen to reason when it isn't their opinion you are voicing.It's important to be honest and true and have your beliefs.

6- Life isn't black and white.

There are endless shades of grey in everything life holds. One person is never fully wrong or right because usually they are only looking from one point of view. Each person is unique in their thinking, unique in their being, and with that comes millions upon millions of possibilities for what life is or could be. It's insane to try to comprehend how small each of us is compared to the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean our opinion and our being don't add to those shades of grey.

7- Just because the world is consumed by hatred, you don't have to let it change your heart.

Everything in our world seems to have negativity attached to it, and people all around want to hate and judge and fuel the flames. It's okay to unfriend those people. It's perfectly fine to remove yourself from these conversations. Positivity is hard to find but when you let yourself give it, you'll find it more often than you used to.

Smile a little more each day and feel blessed to be able to wake up and work for a better life. No one lives the life you do and it's important you contribute your piece to the story no matter what.