5 Questions Any True Long Islander Can Answer Without Hesitation

1. Who has the best bagels?
409

There are certain things that make someone from Long Island a true "Lawnguylander." Here are the top 5 questions that everyone from Long Island can answer.

1. Who has the best bagels?

When I'm at school and I eat a bagel, all I can think about is what a real bagel tastes like. Everyone has their local deli that they go to to get their BEC on a bagel or my personal favorite: egg bagel with cream cheese and bacon.

If you ask another Long Islander where the best bagel place is, they'll each tell you their local store so bottom line: Long Island bagels are the best bagels.

2. Where do you get the best acai bowls?

Acai bowls pretty recently made a name for themselves about two years ago. Whether you're on your way to the beach or just got out of the gym, this refreshing bowl filled with granola, Nutella, and fresh fruit is a staple to Long Island.

3. Where are the best beaches?

Long Island is big on the local stuff. Local foods, local beers, and of course: local beaches. Wherever you're located on the island, you pretty much have one beach that you stick to pretty religiously during the summer months and where you go to take pretty winter snowy sunset beach pics.

Robert Moses (specifically Field 2) is a name and place near and dear to my heart and is honestly the best part of the summer.

4. Where is the best pizza?

Whether you're the weirdo who likes pineapple on their pizza or you're in love with a simple plain slice, nothing beats Long Island Pizza. Referring to the first point, bagels and pizza are the top two foods that Long Island does best, and after a long day at the beach sometimes you just want a slice to finish off the day.

5. Where are the best concerts?

Everyone from Long Island knows that Jones Beach Amphitheater is the place to go to for concerts in the summer. This theater seems to be floating in the middle of the water and has performers ranging from Florida Georgia Line to Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg and much more at the Billboard Music Awards.

It's not summer in L.I. till you've bought your tickets for Country Mega Fest or any one of the concerts at the theater on the water.

I never knew how lucky I was to live and grow up on Long Island until I left it to go away to school. Every time I go back, I am reminded of how much adventure and new experiences it holds and all the great things (see above) about it. If you're a true long islander, you know exactly what I'm talking about.