things to do before moving away from your hometown

6 things you have to do before leaving home

What to do before you leave your hometown for a university.

157
https://unsplash.com
Unsplash

As an upcoming freshman, my summer has been filled with a lot of change and preparation. I don't know about you, but I absolutely despise change. It can be super scary to leave your family and move to an unfamiliar territory, I'm totally with ya on that one! With that being said, change can be a beautiful thing and I cannot wait to be a part of Mississippi State University in just 2 short weeks! Here are some things I have done to prepare my heart, wellness, and stress level, and I 10 out of 10 recommend you try them too!

1. Eat at all of your favorite local joints

Everyone has a favorite hometown restaurant that you can't find anywhere else! Pick a night of the week and go eat at your favorite place with your fam or gal pals before starting school, you won't regret it.

2. Prepare your body and mind for what's ahead

Start now. Go to the gym as much as you can, eat healthy, go to church, it is never to early to start preparing physically and spiritually for when your on your own. Chances are, it is going to be 100% more difficult to hit the gym and get to church when school starts, so start now trying to make it a habit.

3. Get all your ducks in a row

I have dorm room stuff piled to my ceiling, I am right there with ya! Order all your textbooks, talk to your roommate, go dorm shopping, get it all in order before you are stressed to the max last minute.

4. Hang out one last time with all of your hometown friends

Have one last hoorah with your high school or hometown buddies. When you all go your separate ways it will be hard to keep in touch, so love on them before you leave!

5. Spend time with your family

I mean, this is a no brainer. Spend all the time you can with your fam. It's going to be hard for them, and you to say goodbye, so soak it all in. Say yes when they ask you to go to the store with them, say yes when they want to have a family dinner, just say yes and enjoy the fleeting moments.

6. Soak it all in and breathe

it's all about to change sista. Get ready and hold on for the ride. You got this.