Things college kids do
Education

40 Things that College Kids Need to stop doing right now

Broaden your horizons!

200

Although I have been in college for a year, I have noticed a handful of things that other college kids like myself have been doing that is a big no-no. College is unlike any other time in your life. You get to make all your own choices, buy your own groceries, and really just figure out what being a semi-adult is all about. But while your parents (hopefully) prepped you for living solo, there are a few things you shouldn't be doing in college to get the most from your years at school.

1. Freaking out about finding a significant other
  2. Sticking to your comfort zone
  3. Assuming college will be the best years of your life
  4. Comparing your college journey to others'
  5. Forgetting to call your parents
  6. Calling home only to ask mom and dad for money
  7. Being in a long distance relationship with your boy/girlfriend from back home
  8. Waiting until things are growing before doing your laundry
  9. Having a fear of getting a B
  10. Spelling or grammatical mistakes in the FIRST sentence of a paper you just turned in
  11. Drinking more than you can handle
  12. Falling to peer pressure
  13. Picking a major for someone else's happiness instead of your own
  14. Not making time to go to the gym
  15. Not taking care of your body
  16. Eating junk food for every meal
  17. Taking things so personally
  18. Not being able to handle criticism
  19. Associating success with self-worth
  20. Getting upset or jealous when your best friend finds a boy/girlfriend
  21. Not speaking up for yourself
  22. Not speaking up in class
  23. Not being able to admit you were wrong
  24. Not communicating with your TA's or professors
  25. Slut-shaming
  26. Body-shaming
  27. Making excuses
  28. Getting upset when being told "no"
  29. Procrastinating
  30. Hanging out with people who are going nowhere
  31. Hanging out with people who hold you back
  32. Acting like a fool on social media
  33. Leaving work until the last minute
  34. Waking up at a different time every weekday
  35. Relying on your parents for every single thing
  36. Discarding unpopular opinions
  37. Disrespecting differences in other people
  38. Being ashamed to ask questions
  39. Not taking advantage of what your college has to offer
  40. Being overly critical of yourself