Things Bunny Owners Know All Too Well

Things Bunny Owners Know All Too Well

42
Things Bunny Owners Know All Too Well
media1.santabanta.com

There's a lot that comes with owning a bunny. I've had bunnies my whole life -- they're the perfect pet for any age. They're a lot easier to take care of than cats or dogs; they're quite, small, and easy maintenance. There's always that one person in your life that you know has a bunny. Here's a peep into what it's like to have one -- or a bunch.

1. "Aww it's so small! Is it a boy or a girl?"

When bunnies are still young (up to six months) it is extremely difficult to gender them. I've had four lovely bunnies so far, and when they were babies I made sure to play it safe with gender neutral names. (Imagine if Jack turned out to be a girl -- oops.)

2. You've never experienced full panic until one gets lose.

This isn't breaking news, but rabbits are built for speed. And I promise you, the moment one of your precious little guys decides to hop out of your arms you'll reconsider all the times you flipped out over nothing. They can squeeze under anything, and fit in between everything.

3. Yes, she/he did just make a sound.

Contrary to popular belief, bunnies do make noise -- just very quiet weird noises. I swear mine deserve Oscars for every time they sigh out loud.

4. Photo shoots are always a great idea.

Obviously, I had to slip my two guys in here somewhere -- here's Pepper and Peanut. They're always posing and look how damn cute!

5. Wires are suddenly horrifying.

Did you just lose cable, but the rest of the power is still working? Check again! Chances are your little bunny decided to chew through all of the wires behind your TV. On a serious note, keep all wires above the floor in case someone wants a salty snack.

6. They can be vicious.

If you have two male rabbits, you already know -- they can fight, growl and kick each other when they get mad. In some cases, bunnies need separate cages to sleep in to avoid fighting. (You can't tell by the photo, but Pepper and Peanut don't get along that well, and sleep separately.) No you weren't expecting it, but yes, it happens.

7. Easter is now your favorite holiday.

No explanation, here.

8. Everyone is high-key jealous of your adorable pets.

Always remember -- regardless how many times they've scratched at your floor or bit your thumb, they love you just as much as you love them.