Things All Buffalonians Are Proud Of

Things All Buffalonians Are Proud Of

There is so much Buffalove!

17
Things All Buffalonians Are Proud Of

Buffalo is where I have spent my whole life. I have traveled to different states and to different countries. While I have enjoyed seeing other parts of the country and the world I have come to the conclusion that Buffalo is my favorite. Listed below are just some of the reasons that I am so proud to be from buffalo.

1. Our Food

Beef on weck, sponge candy, loganberry, and CHICKEN WINGS. Buffalo has so many foods that you can only get here. Anyone from buffalo will have an instant response to the Duffs versus Anchor Bar chicken wing debate. We also have some of the greatest eateries around: Teds Hot Dogs, Mighty Taco, and more pizzerias then you can imagine. We also have Franks Hot Sauce, Weber's Mustard, and Bison Chip Dip. Your plate certainly won't be getting bored in Buffalo.

2. Canal Side

Over the last few years there has been many improvements to the inner harbor at canal side. These improvements have made the waterfront even more beautiful and has encouraged more people to come and visit. These improvements have also opened up activities all year round. There is now ice skating, curling, and ice biking in the winter. In the summer there is kayaking, water biking, concerts, and vendors. There is also artwork all around canal side where local artists are able to show off their talents and make a statement.

3. Fandom

Buffalo is special in that we have our own sports teams. We have The Buffalo Bills football team, The Buffalo Bisons baseball team, The Buffalo Bandits lacrosse team, and The Buffalo Sabres hockey team. While none of our teams are spectacular they are definitely not lacking in spirit. Buffalo fans come out in droves to tailgate for Bills games, or they will come out and sit in the 90 degree sun to watch the Bisons games. Even when our teams lose we are never afraid to say that we are from Buffalo and we support our teams.

4. We are home to a natural wonder

Niagara Falls is in many of our back yards. People come from other states and countries to see this incredible natural wonder but for many of us it only takes us about an hour or less to get to. Some buffalonians have seen it so many times they could probably become a tour guide themselves.

5. We are home to many nationwide factories

Tyson, Ford, and General Mills just to name a few of the producers in our area. These industries have found Buffalo a great place to come and create jobs. Plus Buffalonians love to tell people that our city smells like Cheerios.

6. Buffalo is home to many great colleges

Buffalo is home to 15 Colleges and Universities. If you live in Buffalo and do not want to leave for college you have plenty of choices. If you do leave thats okay also, we just hope you come back for a visit.

7. We are the city of good neighbors

In Buffalo we are hit by some crazy weather. In our most recent enormous storm, Snovember, we were hit by an astronomical amount of snow in a short period of time. Many of us could not even get out of our doors because it was covered in over seven feet of snow. But thanks to the townships who were not snowed in and neighbors helping elderly neighbors, we as Buffalonians were able to be back to normal in about a week.