They All Come Out Of The Woodwork

They All Come Out Of The Woodwork

Your opinions will not help the cause.

15
They All Come Out Of The Woodwork
GunFacts.org

In the wake of national tragedies I notice all the "experts" come crawling out of the woodwork. They all give their two-sense about what is happening and try to invoke change. Over the past year, I have become increasingly put-off by how people do this. I understand the majority of people in this country want to see people stop being indiscriminately murdered, but your opinions will not help the cause.

The common theme of these opinions is banning "assault weapons.” As a supporter of arms I look upon this idea with annoyance. The majority of people calling for this do not understand what an assault weapon actually is. An assault weapon is a term coined in 1989 that was used to describe military style rifles that shoot on semi-automatic. For those of my readers who have little to no knowledge of guns, many pistols also shoot semi-automatic. Semi-automatic means one trigger pull equates in one bullet coming out of the gun. Legislators banned machine guns which shoot on full-auto, but they were not able to ban the AR-15 so they called it an assault rifle.

Banning these rifles will not stop mass shootings. Restricting magazine size could allow for more people to escape, but as seen in the 1999 Columbine and 2007 VA Tech school shootings, the gunmen simply carried more magazines. We need to stop blaming the guns for mass shootings and start looking to our law enforcement and intelligence agencies to start doing their jobs. The Orlando shooter had been on the FBI terror watch list but was still allowed to buy a gun. This is horse-shit. If you are on any government watch list, including the no-fly-list you should not be able to buy a gun. The process for gun purchases needs to be more strict and longer. A Philadelphia reporter was able to buy a gun in 7 minutes. There needs to be extensive background checks and psychological testing before buying a gun. For us law abiding and straight-headed citizens, it will be fine. For anyone else, well you lost your right to own a gun when you decided to stray from the path.

I understand I am not an expert on the subject, but I have over the years thought a lot, read and listened to those who were. As you can see my ideas are reasonable and allow both sides of the aisle to be happy. If you are not willing to do research and form your own ideas about this or any important subject then please refrain from talking or posting. It’s dangerous when people start reposting false narratives and rhetoric. You may think you are helping, but you may be setting us on a path we won’t be able to return from.