Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
I started wearing makeup in seventh grade, and I'm just getting to the point where I'm above average. I'm too scared to do anything adventurous because I know it'll end badly. Ever since then, I've found some items that help me look like I know what I'm doing.
This primer is the like the superwoman of all eyelid primers. I've been using it since my sophomore year of high school and it has never let me down once. I could probably run a marathon and my eyeshadow would still be in place, this primer is so good.
I have naturally long eyelashes and sometimes mascara can be a struggle. I was using a different mascara for several years that I loved it, but it was a pain to get off of my eyelashes. I took a chance and bought this mascara this summer and have never looked back. Not only does it give me the best volume but it comes off in tubes like fake eyelashes. I will probably never buy a different mascara again.
There aren't enough words to describe how great this product is. Not only does it smell like lavender fairies are kissing me but it's also such a versatile product. I've it as a refresher after a long day and as a setting spray to make my makeup look more natural.
I was first introduced to this highlighter when I wore it for my senior prom. I loved the look of it so much that I texted the person who did my makeup because I had to get it for myself. It's a perfect combination of natural and KAPOW. It's subtle but noticeable at the same time.
It smells just as amazing as it looks. I like this primer because it's not heavy on my skin and just feels like a second layer of lotion. I use this as a primer and as a tinted moisturizer when I am not feeling foundation and it gives my skin a healthy glow.
If I had to smell one thing for the rest of my life, it would be this. Its so calming and I think I would put it all over my body if I could. As my roommate said one time "it smells so nice."
When I would use a big beauty blender for concealer it would get all over my face instead of where I wanted it to be. This beauty blender has been a God-send and has made applying concealer so much easier.
This eyeshadow palette is not only the cheapest palette I've ever bought but it gives me so many options too. From innocent pinks to matte Rosie colors, I can always find a good combination in this palette.
Blending is a real struggle with me and sometimes a beauty blender can miss a few mistakes. This brush is not only easy to use but it helps create an even and finished look when I need those last little touch ups.
My hair can be extremely tangled at times and this brush makes it seem like I'm brushing through butter. I use it with wet or dry hair and I never feel like I'm damaging my hair and making the tangles worse.