Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semicolon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6. Greek symbol of Inguz: Where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya).
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty, and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love, and creativity or to put yourself into whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from "The Hobbit." It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength and stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyph means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe and the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can remind us of the inconsistency of life. It also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
New fashion trends arise every season, so I'm here to tell you the five that are here this spring season.
1. Fun Prints / Colors!
As we've all probably seen, animal print is everywhere. I personally love it, but I know some of my friends are bored of it or think it's too much. This spring, fun, colorful crazy patterns are in. Some stores are even mixing floral and graphic prints, and we're here for it. Also, colors like coral, fiesta red, bright pink and bright blue are in. Prepare to see bright colors on a lot of pieces.
2. All Neutral Outfits
Basically the opposite of the first trend: neutrals. This spring we're loving all neutral outfits. Nude pants with a cream top for the spring weather. Sometimes, less is more.
3. Feather Tops
Sometimes, your outfit needs a little spruce and a feather top is a perfect way to do that. A little bit of feather can go a long way. The trend has been here the past few seasons but hasn't made a big impact, yet. This is the season for feather tops.
4. Biker Shorts
Biker shorts have been around for the past year and has been really popular with Instagram influencers. It's not a trend that's popular around my area yet, but I'm sure this spring and summer everyone will be pulling out their biker shorts. The longer shorts remind me of when I was in elementary school, and I think it reminds others of that too, which is why we're hesitant. But, this spring and summer I can guarantee we'll all fall in love with the cute and comfortable look.
Crochet is a look I've always loved. When I think of spring, I think of a crochet white dress with brown sandals and a brown bag. Some people are hesitant with crochet because it reminds them of their grandma's knit blankets or bohemian pieces, but not this season. Crochet is going to be all over accessories and clothing pieces, even shoes.
Jump ahead and get those trendy pieces for this spring so you're ahead of the game!