These Are the Design Elements Your Blog Needs

To make it the very best it can be.

11

Does your blog seem like it's missing something? You look at others that inspire you and can't help think your blog isn't anything like theirs.

While you shouldn't compare yourself, you won't be satisfied with your work if you aren't happy with your current blog design. To bring you out of that slump, here are a few blog elements you should include.

Let's get into it!

A Mobile Responsive Website

These days, everything is done on mobile devices. We reach more for our phones and tablets than we do our laptops.

That said, you need to ensure your blog is responsive for mobile. That means no walls of text, images with reduced file sizes, and buttons fit for fingers.

Easy Navigation

No one wants to spend hours trying to find a specific page on your site. We doubt anyone would spend that amount of time searching for one thing anyway.

The takeaway is that your menu should clearly state what pages you have. And if it wasn't obvious, make sure it's in a place where people will see it. Who likes to play hide-and-go-seek with a menu, anyway?

Snippets

To keep your blog looking clean, don't include the full posts. You want to entice readers to continue on passed the headline.

Posting the whole things derails that because people have short attention spans. If that wasn't the post they wanted to read, it'll just seem like endless scrolling.

11-point Font Size

Who likes to squint at computer screens? Our eyes are sensitive enough when it comes to the blue light emanating from them anyway.

Don't make readers suffer by making the font size almost impossible to read. 11-points or larger is plenty to keep readers reading comfortably and for longer periods of time.

Add Images

Even adding one image to each and every blog post is enough to attract readers. They want a visual element that'll enhance what they're reading.

You captured them with your headline, now it's time for them to follow through and that works by adding images. However, avoid using overly-edited photos. Not only do they look fake already, it cheapens the look of your site.

Include a Landing Page

When you take out ads, you'll want to give those who click options as to what to do next. Whether you promised a detailed guide or a discount on your new book, you'll want to direct them to a landing page.

To make sure readers click on your CTA, use a landing page builder so it captures their attention.

Social Media Buttons

If a reader enjoyed your post so much, they'll want to share it! The best way for them to do that is to include social media buttons.

These customizable buttons allow the reader to post your content directly to their feed. In a matter of seconds your post will be shown to all of their followers, family, and friends.