Seriously, Guys, There's NO Rush In College, Please Slow Down

Registration season is upon us, and the stress of deciding your future in a quick enrollment period brings a lot of pressure. I am here to tell you that no matter what classes you choose, how many or how little, everyone does schooling at their own pace. We are no longer in the grade school system where you just automatically get passed along to the next grade no matter what happened that year. We are adults who are in change of what we take.

Everybody is different.

There is never a time limit to how you get a degree. It is a major accomplishment no matter how long or how little it took you get reach that goal. As someone who transferred schools after getting her associates and completely changed majors, I am a pure example that I wont be getting my bachelors degree is the common 4 year period. And I'm okay with that. I am proud of my achievements and accomplishments of where I've made it today. And you should be too. Balancing an education with a social life and maybe even a job isn't just a casual stroll in the park. It takes a lot of effort, time and work, which means that you should go at your own speed. There shouldn't be any pressure to complete a degree in the exact four years.

The future is never guaranteed, really nothing in life guaranteed, so why should we have an exact guaranteed plan for the next four years? A guideline is great, it helps us aim for that degree but to all starting college freshman or to current college students who got the bad news they still need more classes know that you should be proud of your uniqueness. Some of the smartest people I know take their college education at their own rate. It doesn't make you any less of a person or less smart that you might not be graduating with all of your friends. Besides, why is there a rush to get out into the real world anyway? That means adulting...