As school begins for those in college and those in high school I want to remind you to breathe. It’s the time of year when things start to get a little crazy.

Hopefully, your summer was fun and relaxing, but that can make a difficult transition back to the responsibility of school. Not to say that summer didn’t have responsibilities, but it’s different from homework and sitting still in class.

The feeling of craziness might not catch up to you now or not for a little bit, but for many, it is something naturally associated with school.

I’m giving you the best advice I know, though, when I say take a minute and just breathe. When everything is just too overwhelming or you just can’t find the motivation you need do the following: Focus on your breath going in and out of your body, make note of how it travels through you, take a few minutes to relax mentally, and let your body do the same.

It’s a quick solution, and it might not always work, but it’s not hard to try.

I want to stress the importance of finding what works for you in regards to relaxing or calming down. It’s easy to tell others what works for you and claim that it will work for them as well, but we all know that’s not true.

Everyone is different and therefore, we all need different ways to calm down and focus. This works for me and is something I know to work with others in slightly different forms. To be fair, this method is far from original and probably falls under some form of meditation, but that’s okay, because it’s important to realize the relevance of taking the time to breath when everything is overwhelming.