The Worries And Excitement Of The Future

The possibilities of life can be a glorious, if not questionable experience.

35

So much can change as we live our lives. Various experiences can lead to drastically different directions in life, and choosing one path can have a big impact on who you become. The numerous situations that life brings us can help or hurt us, and we have to determine where we will go in life. The world offers many opportunities to change, but these chances create conflicting emotions. Whatever the day puts upon us can lead to joyous glee or excruciating pain, and both of those feelings are mixed into a fascinating experience. Life can turn into an array of moods, and the future expresses this extremely well.

Forthcoming events are aspects of life that we all look forward to. New phases in life have an air of curiosity to them, as they are brimming with endless potential. We can never know what these stages will hold for us, and the changes that they put upon us make us live well. We turn into bundles of dreams and hopes that are ready to explode, and we're ready to deal with whatever life throws at us. The future lets us grow and progress, and we can't wait for it to happen.

However, what lies ahead can be terrifying as well. Adulthood starts to loom upon me more than ever, and I realize that I truly have to consider what I want to do with my life. I have to think about internships and furthering my career, and I need to consider how my major will benefit me in my eventual aspirations. All of this should fill me with awe, but I am horrified at what could happen. The future could change at any moment, and certain decisions could have drastic consequences. I don't know what will happen to me in my last two years of college, and I'm especially scared of what will happen when I truly become an adult. I constantly face fears that I won't make it, and that all of my efforts will end in failure. I'm petrified of not succeeding in adulthood, and that my choices in life will hinder my success in the world.

Another scary portion of the future is how I will support myself on my own. Throughout my life, I have had a wide support network that I could rely on. In addition to the friends that I've made in my college years, I've also amassed a plethora of comrades and acquaintances from home. I've relied on my family in good and bad times, and they've always been close to me. However, I will have to be completely independent once college ends. My family won't be around me anymore, and my friends might move away to different parts of the world. I have to be completely independent at this point, and this reality is crushing in how true it is. Being alone could truly happen to me, and I can't imagine being separated from those who matter to me so much.

Overall, the future is a mystifying portion of life. There is so much potential in imminent events, and they let us develop in an innumerable amount of ways. The future is boundless in its possibilities, and it also makes us take control of our lives. What could happen could lead to doubt in our choices and how we've lived our lives, and it makes us consider if we'll wind up okay in the end. The future can create distance between our loved ones, and we have to deal with ongoing separation from those that we treasure. The future is dazzling, but it's also a terrifying force.