Windows cracked reveal
the wind's rally cry:
passionate and unpredictable,
eerie and chaotic.
Howling whispers make their way,
slowly, then all at once,
demanding to be heard,
shaking these four walls.
The wind violently churns its words,
a dialect impossible to decode.
Wind weaves through her hair,
through the threads of her favorite sweater,
and through each layer of her skin,
nestling itself into her soul.
A tide grew unruly within her,
yet she remained without fear.
For she knew the chaos within was Him,
Love's message in the bottle of her heart
among the swirling seas
was a message of change.
She felt the Lord's empathy,
validating her everlasting fear of change;
a loss of security and predictability.
Reassured by Love, the Lord tells her
she has fought long enough.
Passion and joy are riding His breath of wind,
screaming their rally cry for her to find.
-Beautiful Change is on its Way
- Notes On Juan Felipe Herrera's Assemblage: Why Bilingual Poetry ... ›
- The Importance of Poetry ›
- 10 Moments When Slam Poets Got Surprisingly Political ›
- Why Poetry Is So Important ›
- Why I Hate Writing Poetry ›
- You Should Read Poetry To Feel, Not To Analyze ›
- Odyssey Community at Poetry Of Color ›
- The 11 Best Performances That Will Change Your Mind About Poetry ›
- Five Benefits of Poetry ›
- What Is Gurlesque Poetry? ›
- Poetry - Women's Fashion - Spring Summer 19 Collection ›
- poems & poets | Academy of American Poets ›
- poetry | Definition, Types, Terms, Examples, & Facts | Britannica.com ›
- Academy of American Poets: poets.org ›
- Poetry Society of America ›
- Poetry Daily, a new poem every day ›
- Poetry Out Loud: Home ›
- Poetry Magazine | Poetry Foundation ›
- Poetry - Wikipedia ›
- Poetry Foundation ›